F Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Orebro, SHL (2022, 15th, VAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think Lekkerimäki has separated himself from the rest of the Swedish prospects this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: B Boarding

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I went to Hovet yesterday and saw him play again. No points and not his best game, but with normal puck luck he should have had at least 1 goal and 1 assist.
He’s just such an intriguing package. The skating is now a strength with both agility and speed. Excellent acceleration and top speed, so he can really separate himself from defenders. His hands are silky smooth and can stick handle though the defence at full speed. And he processes the play excellent at top speed, so he usually makes the right decisions even in tight situations. And then add THAT shot to his skillset, which is something else.
Defense needs work, but that is not a concern at this age.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I went to Hovet yesterday and saw him play again. No points and not his best game, but with normal puck luck he should have had at least 1 goal and 1 assist.
He’s just such an intriguing package. The skating is now a strength with both agility and speed. Excellent acceleration and top speed, so he can really separate himself from defenders. His hands are silky smooth and can stick handle though the defence at full speed. And he processes the play excellent at top speed, so he usually makes the right decisions even in tight situations. And then add THAT shot to his skillset, which is something else.
Defense needs work, but that is not a concern at this age.

Actually, he did have a pretty nice assist yesterday. Stat keeper messed up.

Lekkerimäki's quickness and acceleration is a very pleasant surprise for me. Led TV-pucken in scoring a couple of years ago but I don't remember skating being one of his stronger sides. Now he's flying. So much room for improvement in his game still (in a positive way).

Last edited:
Reactions: Grantham

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I've always liked his skating, thought it was a strong point of his in TV-Pucken.

Could make his SHL debut, alongside Öhgren(Östlund is unavailable for play), tomorrow.

Reactions: Grantham

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
there is many swedish players with finland roots

thought quite many players from finland can speak swedish

Veeery few can speak Swedish. Mostly those whose home language is Swedish. Guys like Lundell or Borgström.

BTW. Lekkeri-mäki means Barrel-hill freely translated by me.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Hatty+an assist today in J20. Up to 16 goals in 15 games to lead the league, and currently tied with Dvorsky for points(albeit Dvorsky has half a game left today).

The hatty:

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
what do you think of wiktor nilsson? he looks like a gritty player when i watched him.
Haven't really watched him(or; he hasn't really done anything to warrant me keeping an eye on him), him getting next to no ice time in the SHL doesn't help.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Does he project as a center or a winger? I see he is 4th line winger on their SHL team currently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad