F Jayden Halbgewachs - San Jose Barracuda, AHL (2015 undrafted, 2017 signed, SJS)

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
Surprised to see so little conversation of him. Halbgewachs (born in 1997) is on his way to the second consecutive 50-goal season with the Moose Jaw Warriors. So far 48 goals, 39 assists and 87 points in 46 games, sitting 2nd in the WHL scoring behind teammate Brayden Burke.

He has gained some advantage by having a strong offensive core with the Warriors, but he has been an absolute stellar this season. According to Prospect-Stats, his most common teammates (forwards) have been Brett Howden (37,3%) and Noah Gregor (36,51%). Gregor was traded, so the third most common forward is Tanner Jeannot (25,4%). He hasn't leaned to Brayden Burke.

Halbgewachs has a staggering amount of primary points in total - 75 (1,63 primary points per game, sitting second behing Steenbergen). He has collected 28 goals and 48 primary points 5-on-5, and that's a bit over 55 percent of his total production.

San Jose Sharks signed an ELC with him in December. Obviously his size (5'8") holds him back when predicting his future success in the AHL and possibly in the NHL, but he has proven to be an active shooter and a capable playmaker (0,59 A1 points per game, 9th), being generally a buzzsaw in the offensive zone.

What do you think of him?

Last edited:

BigDeal

May 12, 2017
I came on here tonight just to get some info on this prospect. I'll be following!

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Doug Wilson - "His combination of elite speed, high-end skill and ability to pressure both ends of the ice make him a dangerous player who makes others around him better. We're excited he is joining our organization." I think his skating was a big factor. He also finds a way to get busy in and around the front of the net as well. Very interesting player to me too.

Reactions: grentthealien

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
I think his skating was a big factor. He also finds a way to get busy in and around the front of the net as well. Very interesting player to me too.

Yeah, I think that if he utilizes his speed and keeps his shot rates high, he could get some results possibly even in the NHL. Of course, it's easier said than done. But with strong and balanced linemates he could be used as a shooter both 5-on-5 and power play.

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
Hit the 50-goal mark for the second straight season. First player to do that since Oliver Bjorkstrand's two +50-goal campaigns in 2013-14 (50) and 2014-15 (63). Second player to do that in the whole 2010's.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I already hate him bc his last name, how the hell do you pronounce that?

Sputniker

Jan 5, 2016
Wow, just hit the 70-goal mark. The previous time someone scored at least 70 goals in the WHL? To get there, we'll have to go nearly 20 years back. It was Pavel Brendl in 1998-1999.

Althought he's a overager, this pretty much underlines that he has had a season worth remembering. 70 goals in 71 games. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
An amazing accomplishment, congratulations to him and the Sharks for having the forethought to sign him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Wow, just hit the 70-goal mark. The previous time someone scored at least 70 goals in the WHL? To get there, we'll have to go nearly 20 years back. It was Pavel Brendl in 1998-1999.

Althought he's a overager, this pretty much underlines that he has had a season worth remembering. 70 goals in 71 games. Pretty cool stuff.

Yeah just noticed this too, Pavel Brendl - 73 goals in 68 games. Pavel Brendl thou....

Last 30 years, 70 goals or more in a season in the WHL:

98-99: Pavel Brendl 73 goals in 68 games
95-96: Frank Banham 83 goals in 72 games
92-93: Jason Krywulak 81 goals in 71 games, Rick Girard 71 goals in 72 games
90-91: Kyle Reeves 89 goals in 63 games
89-90: Len Barrie 85 goals in 70 games, Glen Goodall 76 goals in 67 games
88-89: Dennis Holland 82 goals in 69 games, Blair Atcheynum 70 goals in 71 games
87-88: Joe Sakic 78 goals in 68 games, Theo Fleury 70 goals in 67 games

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Was a great thing to watch. Was hoping he could get the hatty to break the franchise record but he still has one more game to do it. Kid is relentless in all 3 zones and has a great shot.
Ran into him on New Years after game and got him to sign my jersey. Really down to earth kid, loves his fans.
Hopefully he brings it in this years playoffs. Will be sad to see him go but hopefully he develops well for the Sharks.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Canucks fan here, had no clue who this guy was before last night’s game. He was flying out there all night and was one of the most noticeable Sharks.
Yeah he got a penalty and I had to pause and rewind the game a few times before I learned to pronounce his name.
He got sprung out of the box on a breakaway but couldn't bury.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Definitely tried to make the most of his debut. Fast, drove to the net and was decent at carrying the puck in. Didn’t think his cycle game was very good but overall had a great debut

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Definitely tried to make the most of his debut. Fast, drove to the net and was decent at carrying the puck in. Didn’t think his cycle game was very good but overall had a great debut
He had a lot of similar attributes that I liked in Donskoi. Quick on his feet, slick hands, pretty smart positioning, good entries. Also showed similar weaknesses too with being weak on the boards and just being small.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Guessing you don't. Rather than simply reading something else you chose the rude meme route.

Speaks volumes.

Did it hurt your feelings that bad?

I get that you looked up what he's been up to after someone randomly brought him up on the Sharks board, but really who the hell cares about a midget who wasn't even a NHL prospective over 5 years ago let alone today.

• Wow
Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta