F Jaxon Jacobson - Brandon Wheat Kings U15 AAA, WAAA U15 (2027 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
You can play as 14 years old in the WHL? :eek3: How young can you be without the exceptional status?

A player can play a maximum 5 games in their 15-year old season. Being a late birthday a 14 year old can be considered their 15-year old season.

And others have said through injuries, you can exceed that 5 game mark. I think Dach and McKenna exceeded the 5.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
A player can play a maximum 5 games in their 15-year old season. Being a late birthday a 14 year old can be considered their 15-year old season.

And others have said through injuries, you can exceed that 5 game mark. I think Dach and McKenna exceeded the 5.
The other loophole is that once a player's u18aaa season is over they can be recalled and play as much as they want or for a playoff run.

As others said Winnipeg exploited it for Savoie. I believe Sam Reinhart played at 15 too in the playoffs

I don't believe in this theory. They still played 33 skaters. Several forwards under 40 games including Peyton Krebs. Only 2 players played every games.
It was well known that Winnipeg had the minimum amount of skaters in order to exploit this rule and get Savoie in for as many games as possible

Reactions: Bubbles

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
184 cm / 6'0"

why does a swedish former nhler that spent the end of his career in sweden own a team in brandon lmao

edit: thats not his dad hahaha

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The other loophole is that once a player's u18aaa season is over they can be recalled and play as much as they want or for a playoff run.

As others said Winnipeg exploited it for Savoie. I believe Sam Reinhart played at 15 too in the playoffs

It was well known that Winnipeg had the minimum amount of skaters in order to exploit this rule and get Savoie in for as many games as possible
Sorry but that's not what the numbers indicate. Winnipeg played many more players than average, several players missed a large part of the season.

18 forwards born before 2004 in the squad.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
2 G in his debut. His shot is unreal for a 14 year old! Definitely one to watch for 20207.

I also thought his shot was unbelievable. Can we say he has one of the best shot of a 14/15 year old after Bedard in recent years?

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I’m surprised this kid doesn’t have a thread that’s much longer by now

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s been recalled again, and will dress for his second WHL game at 14.

He does have a chance to be a very special player. Obviously the 2 goals in his first WHL game at 14, is gonna get people talking.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
He is producing 2.83ppg in the MU18HL, a close pace to the 2.88ppg Mckenna produced last year in the CSSHL U18.
I know both leagues are u18, but are they close in terms of talent?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Has a chance to be a really special player. Good chance Brandon goes 3 of 5 drafts, with a Top 10 forward pick. Danielson, McQueen and then Jaxon.

Fans better not sell McQueen short next year btw. PPG this year, and he’s gonna light it up next year with teams having to choose putting their shutdown players against him or a 16 year old.

McQueen already has a lot of NHL in his game. He’s not just using his physical ability to overpower opponents, like many big players do, and he “thinks the game” at a really high level. By the end of next season, he’s going to be one of the best total packages available in the 2025 draft. A lot of Michael Rasmussen in his game.

Jaxon has some very special qualities as well. With he and McQueen for the next two years at least, trading Danielson was a smart move, grabbing those futures.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has a chance to be a really special player. Good chance Brandon goes 3 of 5 drafts, with a Top 10 forward pick. Danielson, McQueen and then Jaxon.

Fans better not sell McQueen short next year btw. PPG this year, and he’s gonna light it up next year with teams having to choose putting their shutdown players against him or a 16 year old.

McQueen already has a lot of NHL in his game. He’s not just using his physical ability to overpower opponents, like many big players do, and he “thinks the game” at a really high level. By the end of next season, he’s going to be one of the best total packages available in the 2025 draft. A lot of Michael Rasmussen in his game.

Jaxon has some very special qualities as well. With he and McQueen for the next two years at least, trading Danielson was a smart move, grabbing those futures.
McQueen is closer to Dach than Rasmussen.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What are your expectations for next season? ppg+?
PPG seems like alot unless he gets good linemates and some PP TOI for a 15 year old but he has the skill to do it.

Someone who follows Brandon would know more though.

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad