F Javon Moore - Minnetonka High, USHS-MN (2024 Draft)

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Sorry for my ignorance but can someone lead me towards some names in semi recent history getting drafted out of Minnesotan high school (how their stats were in the draft seasons and where it got them taken?)
Dylan Samberg. 2017 2nd round pick to Winnipeg out of Hermantown. Score sheet never popped but is a defensive defender and has been playing outstanding

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Top Minnesotans still don't compare to the deeper and older USHL. You are right in that the wealthier Twin Cities burbs have far better HS programs that produce several solid D1 players.
Edina had at least 9 D1 players when I played against them. An absolute wagon. And they didn’t even win state

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Pretty big upset last night as Minnetonka loses to Chanhassen and misses State. First loss in like 47 games. Being from Chaska, Moore could have been on that Chanhassen team.

Very interested to see how Moore does in the USHL next year. He was totally shut down last night.

• Wow
Reactions: 95snipes

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
He was shit against Chanhassen. Only one game but with his size he should have been more puck dominant. Went back and watched other games and wasn’t blown away. Personally, I like about 10 other kids from 2A better. Minnetonka had a bunch of ringers and choked in a big game and Moore was a guilty party. Bump was 10X better his draft year and he was a mid-round pick but I had him top-40. He terrorized Rinzel, among others.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He was shit against Chanhassen. Only one game but with his size he should have been more puck dominant. Went back and watched other games and wasn’t blown away. Personally, I like about 10 other kids from 2A better. Minnetonka had a bunch of ringers and choked in a big game and Moore was a guilty party. Bump was 10X better his draft year and he was a mid-round pick but I had him top-40. He terrorized Rinzel, among others.
I believe you mean "student-athletes that wanted the excellent Minnetonka education experience".

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I don't disagree but Moore's upside is significantly higher. At the end of the day you can't teach size and Moore is 6'5 and skates well. He is raw and not as talented as Bump today. But if he puts it all together it is a pretty intriguing package

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad