F James Hagens - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2025 Draft)

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
If you think you're drafting a guy that might be able to command 14 million in contract negotiations you flip the table over on your way to the podium

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
That is a crazy take. Misa strikes me as the kind of player that will drive a coach crazy with his lack of commitment and attention to defense. I'll take the flip side of that bet and say he'll struggle to get ice time despite his stellar offensive skills.
I didn't say he won't be a star. I just don't see him winning a cup. He will be the first overall pick in this upcoming draft. But my favourite is Misa.

Misa I see being a similar or better player than Dylan Larkin with a lot more upside. What I love about Misa is he just goes to the right places and makes things happen. But I also love to make takes that are crazy.

Mind you, I did call McTavish going high in the 2021 NHL Draft before covid.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
A statistical curiosity. If Hagens was in the chl, for a weak or average team, what would his stat line be? Something like 50-80-130 in 60 games?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A statistical curiosity. If Hagens was in the chl, for a weak or average team, what would his stat line be? Something like 50-80-130 in 60 games?
For a weak or average team...something less of course in his draft year as even players in their D+1 and D+2 years struggle to hit beyond 110ish points.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bedard was 143 and Catton 116. Hagens is older at the time of his draft than both. 130 seems reasonable to me.
Sure it's possible but both are WHL guys and the question was CHL so that's 1 out of 3 leagues and Bedard simply was a generational prospect so it's not a slam dunk but who really cares as we won't find out.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Sure it's possible but both are WHL guys and the question was CHL so that's 1 out of 3 leagues and Bedard simply was a generational prospect so it's not a slam dunk but who really cares as we won't find out.

Kind of controversial on your part considering you responded lol. anyway.
I mentioned CHL because his rights belong to the London Knights and not a WHL team, but despite the CHL in general having only 7 (One of them being Marco Rossi with 120 and let's face it James is a superior talent), players who surpassed 100 points in their draft year in the last 5 years, we can say that Hagens is a better talent than all of them except Bedard.
He put up 1.81ppg in his D-1 Ushl, and despite playing for the ntdp it was one of the worst ntdp teams of all time. In his draft year I think it's hard for him not to eclipse 2ppg in any Chl league, which would take him to around 130 points.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kind of controversial on your part considering you responded lol. anyway.
I mentioned CHL because his rights belong to the London Knights and not a WHL team, but despite the CHL in general having only 7 (One of them being Marco Rossi with 120 and let's face it James is a superior talent), players who surpassed 100 points in their draft year in the last 5 years, we can say that Hagens is a better talent than all of them except Bedard.
He put up 1.81ppg in his D-1 Ushl, and despite playing for the ntdp it was one of the worst ntdp teams of all time. In his draft year I think it's hard for him not to eclipse 2ppg in any Chl league, which would take him to around 130 points.
Sure okay it's all a guess anyways but maybe you can bring it up when not a single draft eligible player gets to 130 points this year in the CHL or 120, 100 whatever I guess.

Too many people seem to be focused on points instead of skillsets and projection overall around here sometimes and that's not directed at you but in general.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Sure okay it's all a guess anyways but maybe you can bring it up when not a single draft eligible player gets to 130 points this year in the CHL or 120, 100 whatever I guess.

Too many people seem to be focused on points instead of skillsets and projection overall around here sometimes and that's not directed at you but in general.

I understand and even agree. But look, everyone who follows it already knows the set of skills, the post was precisely a statistical curiosity, if you are not interested, just don't respond and continue dealing with whoever is commenting on projection and set of skills.
But it is precisely because of his high skill set that causes curiosity about how he would have performed in the Canadian leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad