F James Hagens - Boston College(2025 Draft)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
IIRC Laine got 2 out of 10 first place votes in Bob's final ranking. Which was obviously a huge miss by those 2 scouts. But Matthews had been the runaway favorite for so long it was more a byproduct of the shiny new toy than Laine actually being in the same tier as Matthews, which he wasn't, isn't, and won't be.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It would be cool to see him go to like Maine and help revitalize a once dominant program.
With what happened with Charlie Stramel, I think spending your gap year when you're a highly touted late birthday coming out of USNDTP at a bad program that you have some special tie to is a bad idea. I mean Stramel still went 1st round so it's not like a big deal or anything but basically any good program is close to a safe bet.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
anything would look better than michigan tbf
As much as I have a grudging admiration for how Michigan is able to recruit such high end talent year after year, I fully agree!!!!! Hope to see him at BC but I could handle Harvard as well

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
With what happened with Charlie Stramel, I think spending your gap year when you're a highly touted late birthday coming out of USNDTP at a bad program that you have some special tie to is a bad idea. I mean Stramel still went 1st round so it's not like a big deal or anything but basically any good program is close to a safe bet.

Oh yeah, I have no expectation that Hagens is going to go anywhere but an elite school. Harvard is probably the worst hockey team he's actually considering. It's just not good for college hockey for so many of the top players to congregate at a handful of schools. I imagine he goes to BU or BC but who knows, I wouldn't have thought Eiserman would commit to Minnesota.

Reactions: wetcoast

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
It would be cool to see him go to like Maine and help revitalize a once dominant program.

Maine's recruiting has picked up as of late

Oh yeah, I have no expectation that Hagens is going to go anywhere but an elite school. Harvard is probably the worst hockey team he's actually considering. It's just not good for college hockey for so many of the top players to congregate at a handful of schools. I imagine he goes to BU or BC but who knows, I wouldn't have thought Eiserman would commit to Minnesota.
Well it's been that way for the better part of 20 years now

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Maine's recruiting has picked up as of late

Well it's been that way for the better part of 20 years now

Yeah, I know, that's why I threw out Maine. They were once so dominant and they are starting to show some signs on life on the recruiting front again. Another team that fits that bill is Michigan State as they've been resurgent on the recruiting front.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It would be fun to see him at BU, especially if they can somehow keep Celebrini for another year and maybe (very unlikely) Lane Hutson. Seeing Willander, Lane Hutson, Cole Hutson, McCarthy, Celebrini, Hagens, Bednarik, Greene, Kaplan, La Starza, Keefe would be fun to watch. BU already has a bunch of good players coming the next few years, and they could have a little bit of a super team if they can manage to get Hagens and keep Lane Hutson for year 3 and Celebrini for year 2.

Reactions: wetcoast

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds like a decision isn't close. He's gotten a lot of primetime line-mates during the WJSS. I think they are trying to test him out to see if he's ready for this level. Sounds like he's holding his own too. I think he and Eiserman have a better chance at making the team than most think.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
If I was a betting man (which I am sometimes...) I'd say it will be Harvard. Though they already have secured a few commitments the last few days - I think they will still "find" room for him. If you are looking for a possible non Boston school - maybe Providence. He recently did visit there - its Hockey East, private school, great coach (Nate Leaman), etc. I still think its going to be Harvard, even though its an overrated hockey school - ECAC not great competition top to bottom, coaching is suspect (all that talent they get - they never really win anything...), etc. Your still going to Harvard though, I guess

Reactions: montreal

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I wonder if he's considering Major Juniors as well and slow-playing it, who owns his rights? I think he's OHL region.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wonder if he's considering Major Juniors as well and slow-playing it, who owns his rights? I think he's OHL region.
London. I saw an interview recently where he was asked about them, and he didn’t really say anything of note. Praised London and gave a general answer that he’s considering his options.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
London. I saw an interview recently where he was asked about them, and he didn’t really say anything of note. Praised London and gave a general answer that he’s considering his options.
For someone who is Top 3 potential, he definitely will at least consider London then. That's a good spot historically for top draft eligible prospects to showcase and then he doesn't have to worry about school, playing 24 year olds, etc. It's a bit awkward while still with USNDTP because USA Hockey pushes everyone so heavily to NCAA.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I think Hagens should make the world junior team. He played well throughout the showcase.

Not sure about that. This team is ridiculously deep at the forward position and I'm not sure if it has the room for a 17 year old no matter how talented he may be.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not sure about that. This team is ridiculously deep at the forward position and I'm not sure if it has the room for a 17 year old no matter how talented he may be.
The competition will be tough but my sense is that Hagens is up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $201.00