F Ivar Stenberg - Frölunda HC, U16 Region (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

The younger brother of 2023 high-end Swedish talent Otto Stenberg looks to also be a promising player going forward. Put up impressive totals in the Swedish u16 regional league as a 14-year-old. Should note he is a late 2007 born also. It will be interesting to see how he progresses moving forward.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016

The younger brother of 2023 high-end Swedish talent Otto Stenberg looks to also be a promising player going forward. Put up impressive totals in the Swedish u16 regional league as a 14-year-old. Should note he is a late 2007 born also. It will be interesting to see how he progresses moving forward.
He’s put in a full year and no update on him. Anyone have information on him?

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017
I saw Ivar Stenberg & Max Westergård dominate the U18 playoff game against Färjestad a couple of weeks ago. Shit, they are good... Ivar can do pretty much anything he want on the same level he play. I think his potential as of right now is greater than his older brother, Otto. Otto is an awesome player though.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Finished with 4 goals and 10 points at Hlinka while not draft eligible until 2026. Ironically, almost identical to how his brother performed at Hlinka two years prior, though that Otto was draft eligible that next spring.

If Ivar is basically Otto with a bit more offensive upside, he sure seems like a pretty safe bet to be a first rounder in 2026.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Lots of skill like his brother. Probably slightly better hockey sense, while Otto is a better finisher (yet to show it among men).

Hearing that the third brother, Knut Stenberg, is a quite spectacular offensive defenseman. 09-born.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lots of skill like his brother. Probably slightly better hockey sense, while Otto is a better finisher (yet to show it among men).

Hearing that the third brother, Knut Stenberg, is a quite spectacular offensive defenseman. 09-born.

Yeah Ivar is a bit more advanced in his puck handling skills and playmaking. Otto is more powerful and has a better shot. They both have excellent compete level, I think that separates them from a lot of other prospects.

Gazewithin

Aug 22, 2024
I think the sky is the limit for this player. I have always been a fan of Otto, but I love Ivars game. Still early, but he is number 2 amongst the 07s for me right now, even though he is not eligible until 2026. At this point I think he is significantly ahead of the "bigger names" we have been hyping up in this age group.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the sky is the limit for this player. I have always been a fan of Otto, but I love Ivars game. Still early, but he is number 2 amongst the 07s for me right now, even though he is not eligible until 2026. At this point I think he is significantly ahead of the "bigger names" we have been hyping up in this age group.
How does he compare to William Eklund this far out from his draft? That is the player that comes to mind when the Swedes discuss Ivar.

Gazewithin

Aug 22, 2024
How does he compare to William Eklund this far out from his draft? That is the player that comes to mind when the Swedes discuss Ivar.
Offensively Stenberg is definitely ahead, but I did slightly underate Eklund at the same age, because I did not see him transition so well into the SHL in his draft year as he did. Eklunds game, while less impressive in some aspects, is a lot more easy to predict(although in retrospect for me apparently) when it comes to projecting for the pros. He mixed in center and was slightly more well rounded. But he also improved quickly(just like I think Victor Eklund had a big jump last season) the closer to the draft he got. So I prefer Ivar Stenberg, but theres reasons I could be off with that, and could change.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps smacking the j20s, and how many games and how much ice he might get to see at the SHL level later in the year, since that is always a lottery of misfortune when it comes to swedish prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad