F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Lapointe was asked if the Russian/contract issue was a factor and while he did say yes I got the impression that there were a few things about Michkov that Montreal didn't like.

Never said that they were right, but the contract thing just never made sense.

Reinbacher played all of last year in Europe and likely won't be a full timer till 25-26. Was that extra year that important to the habs that they were willing to pass over what they felt was the better player because of it?

I don't think Montreal had eyes on Michkov for a long time before the draft.
So Lapointe admitted it was a factor . … doesn’t really matter if it doesn’t make sense to you . It made sense with the people in charge of making the actual decision .

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Again this is crap. It had nothing to do with his contract. A combination of not liking his character and feeling Reinbacher was the more valuable asset were the liklely reasons.

Reinbacher is likley the more valuable player if he can stay health but that is irrelevant. They presumably felt Michkov was a selfish player. Even if Michkov is putting up big points he may be a loser (like Huberdeau for example).
Thats a lot of presuming and not much if any factual knowledge behind it . Lapointe literally admitted that the contract/ uncertainty did play a role in the decision. Anyway back to Demi. Guy does have a presence/ it factor

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Silayev can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Demidov considering NJD current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Dickinson can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Demidov considering SJS current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Lindstrom can become a steady two-way force and play 20 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Demidov considering CBJ current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Nemec can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Slafkofsky considering NJD current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Mintyukov can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Slafkofsky considering ANA current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Jiricek can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Slafkofsky considering CBJ current strength and weaknesses.

I personally don’t care too much if one player is more skilled/flashy than the other. If Alex Vlasic can become a steady two-way force and play 20-25 hard minutes a night, I’ll take that over a 90-95 points Caufield considering CHI current strength and weaknesses.

Just want to make sure these same arguments hold when the flashy, high point player is on MTL (Hutson, Caufield, Demidov, etc) and the less flashy, 2 way player is on another team?
I think Silayev was a brilliant pick for NJ. You don’t need another Dickinson or Buium when you have Hughes, Hamilton & Nemec to generate offense in your top 4. Silayev should bring grit & good defense (PK work mostly). He fits right in.

And before you say it, yes I think Nemec was the better pick than Cooley although the latter has way more skills and is more dynamic than the former. You already have Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Mercer & Meier to generate offense and you were pretty thin at the time at RHD after Hamilton.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anaheim and Columbus two years in a row passing on uber-talented Russian wingers might be the point where we look back on their rebuilds and say they weren’t willing to take the risk to acquire the superstar that you generally need to become a Cup contender.

Looking at who those two teams picked, it's obviously not about risk tolerance. They just rank the players differently than you would. Get over yourself.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Thats a lot of presuming and not much if any factual knowledge behind it . Lapointe literally admitted that the contract/ uncertainty did play a role in the decision. Anyway back to Demi. Guy does have a presence/ it factor
He will be a treat to watch and fit right in. In the past couple of years Montreal have a way to draft pieces that fit the puzzle to the T

Looking at who those two teams picked, it's obviously not about risk tolerance. They just rank the players differently than you would. Get over yourself.
it’s crazy isn’t it? Teams actually watch these kids play a lot and most - if not all - management teams has a plan to build a contender and not just ice a bunch of talents because “hockeydb” stats are cute

Reactions: majormajor

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
There’s a lot of decent Habs fans here, keep it about Demidov, the dude is doing great and on SKA with limited minutes. I will admit I was a skeptic I thought he wouldn’t priduce at the rate the is but he’s doing it KHL and the NHL are diff the point production isn’t the same it’s a diff league, Demidov is an elite prospect and watching him progress this has been pretty cool tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad