F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I mean Canada won the world juniors in 2018, doesn't mean Ducharme wasn't an idiot to use Makar as his 7th D
Hard to question the method if you get the ultimate result . I understand what you’re saying though

They win in spite of him
Is it like the movie Major league ? They rally against a common foe ?

Reactions: bert

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't think the reason is defensive mistakes...the games i watched he was the most defensively aware player on his line. I think the coach is playing head games. If he wanted to win he would play Demidov 16+ minutes per game and PP time.

Lol it's actually exactly the same in the NHL. Of course if a kid is a top3 pick, a team will play him no matter what. But if he's just a general 1st rounder, let alone a lower pick, an NHL team will almost always play its veterans before the kid.

It doesn't make Rotenberg any better, it just means he's learnt from NHL a lot, and those aren't always good things.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Lol it's actually exactly the same in the NHL. Of course if a kid is a top3 pick, a team will play him no matter what. But if he's just a general 1st rounder, let alone a lower pick, an NHL team will almost always play its veterans before the kid.

It doesn't make Rotenberg any better, it just means he's learnt from NHL a lot, and those aren't always good things.
I don't think so. If a player is clearly contributing, creating chances and not making mistakes...compared to other players on the roster...that player will get more playing time regardless. The issue with rookies is that they are often overpowered by veteran players and prone to make defensive mistakes. From what i have seen this is not Demidov's case.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't think so. If a player is clearly contributing, creating chances and not making mistakes...compared to other players on the roster...that player will get more playing time regardless. The issue with rookies is that they are often overpowered by veteran players and prone to make defensive mistakes. From what i have seen this is not Demidov's case.
This is empirically false. I have seen countless instances where elite rookies outplay their peers and still don't get the same opportunities. More often than not, coaches will trust their vets more than rookies, unless they are coming in with a Crosby/McDavid type of pedigree.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
This is empirically false. I have seen countless instances where elite rookies outplay their peers and still don't get the same opportunities. More often than not, coaches will trust their vets more than rookies, unless they are coming in with a Crosby/McDavid type of pedigree.
empirically false? that is like saying you have facts generated by flipping a coin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad