F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I guess. I mean, how long have we been waiting for a true potential star forward? I won't lie, it's frustrating that the Hawks will have had Toews, Kane, Hossa, Panarin, Bedard and now Demidov over the last 15 years, all of whom are more gifted offensively than any player we have. Our best forward (Suzuki) is proabably equivalent to Patrick Sharp, which is not a slight against either player. I love suzuki, but we need considerably more power on offense and although Demidov was probably always a pipe dream, it feels like we were so close.
It's not a big deal, you can still win the cup without a star player, more cap space: better depth. You just won't be as fun to watch.

The hockey Gods just don't seem to want to give the Habs the easy way out.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
How much do you guys think this new info actually matters to teams who were considering, or weren't?

You mean the info about his height? I'd say less so than him being available to be interviewed in person. Some teams were able to get live viewing of Demidov during the season, so I imagine it's not exactly ''new'' info for some front offices. In any case, Chicago has the right of 1st refusal and they will be able to do their due diligence.​

spfan

May 4, 2009
Agreed, I think Demidov will measure in at 6’0” exactly. Which makes him “average” in height for a forward. I personally wouldn’t have any size concerns with Demidov.
Should be no concerns regardless. Skill is skill. Not like he's 5'5".
And it's not like Levshunov is super tall either. The Height gap is certainly smaller than their talent gap. Demidov>>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad