F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
We arent pessimistic for no reason , teams been garbage for 30 years , bottom 3 on ice product in the entire league.

Maybe we can let demidov do his thing first instead of claiming generational , I know its one poster but its absolutely ridiculous. Deserves to get flamed.

Exactly , everybody is extremely high on Demidov in habs land , rightfully so , there's levels to this though let's not lose our heads
I'm not sure how old you are, but there were stretches we weren't garbage : Kovalev time 2007-2011, Prime Subban/Price/Pacioretty 2012-2017, Cup run 2020-2021.

But yes, in terms of offense, we didn't have much on our plate.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Who are all these prospects that have been worthy of the generational discussion ? Seems like only a handful and certainly few if any that went 5 th In a so so draft .

Datsyuk, do you remember where he was drafted?

You remember his nationality?

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Datsyuk, do you remember where he was drafted?

You remember his nationality?
As a prospect he was discussed as having generational upside ? It’s very arguable that he was a generational player to begin w ( he was outstanding ) so using him as your template seems odd . Things were additionally quite different 25 years ago …

Reactions: Anardil

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
As a prospect he was discussed as having generational upside ? It’s very arguable that he was a generational player to begin w ( he was outstanding ) so using him as your template seems odd . Things were additionally quite different 25 years ago …

Things are quite differently now in russia dont you say?

Datsyuk is considered the best two-way offensive playmaker in the game. He had generational deking skills and played in the toughest era.

He was drafted 171th.... not 2nd or 3th or 5th

THis is just to put some things into perspective about the scouting accuracy from the nhl into russia

Even Kucherov was drafted pretty low

Halak was drafted 299th, guy had a pretty decent career for a 299th, better than most goalies drafted earlier (not russian but just to demonstrate how bad it can get with some of the countries abroad)

Last edited:

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023
Skating and hockey sense seemed his biggest limitations imo .
Can you stop with the baseless opinions and be factual for once? Where did you get that one of Demidov's biggest weaknesses was his hockey sense? It'd be like me claiming Ovechkin is a below average shooter in my opinion

Reactions: kp61c

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Can you stop with the baseless opinions and be factual for once? Where did you get that one of Demidov's biggest weaknesses was his hockey sense? It'd be like me claiming Ovechkin is a below average shooter in my opinion
Huh ? That comment was about Chucky; try to keep up. Re read the post I responded to

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We arent pessimistic for no reason , teams been garbage for 30 years , bottom 3 on ice product in the entire league.

Maybe we can let demidov do his thing first instead of claiming generational , I know its one poster but its absolutely ridiculous. Deserves to get flamed.

Exactly , everybody is extremely high on Demidov in habs land , rightfully so , there's levels to this though let's not lose our heads
Montreal has been the most successful Canadian team in the last 30 years in terms of play off runs

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Montreal has been the most successful Canadian team in the last 30 years in terms of play off runs
Yes we have been the most successful Canadian team in that stretch which is pretty funny, , nothing I wrote is wrong though , look at the product we were icing , most definitely a bottom 3 team entertainment wise during that stretch in my opinion. Always had sub par on paper rosters that played above their heads (Goaltending is probably the main reason they did play above their heads) from Theodore MVP to Halak heroics to Price going crazy , goaltending has rarely been an issue for us. Goalies are certainly part of the team though there's no denying that

Last edited:

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
next year in khl. i predict 20-25 points for demidov. and everyone one is talking low on him after that. sure after years he will be good(70-80 point winger). but mitckov was and will be better.

Reactions: Rozz

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wait so I'm also really confused too. The 2023 was much stronger than the 2024 draft. Michkov was a better prospect than Demidov at the time. Your own team picked Reinbacher over Michkov at 5th overall. That means that your team would value Rein over Demidov. One of them is projected to be a top 4 defencemen the other one is a superstar ???

Looool.
Where did you read that Reinbacher is projected to be a top 4 D?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yes we have been the most successful Canadian team in that stretch which is pretty funny, , nothing I wrote is wrong though , look at the product we were icing , most definitely a bottom 3 team entertainment wise during that stretch in my opinion. Always had sub par on paper rosters that played above their heads (Goaltending is probably the main reason they did play above their heads) from Theodore MVP's to Halak Heroics to Price going crazy , goaltending has rarely been an issue for us. Goalies are certainly part of the team though there's no denying that
Probably will continue to be the most successful Canadian team, All the others either refuse to rebuild and live in no mans land or drafted a generation player and instantly wanted to compete again.

Montreal just needs to hold tight for a while longer and trade when they can use their excess at one position to fortify another.

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Probably will continue to be the most successful Canadian team, All the others either refuse to rebuild and live in no mans land or drafted a generation player and instantly wanted to compete again.

Montreal just needs to hold tight for a while longer and trade when they can use their excess at one position to fortify another.
Edmonton could very well win a cup soon enough, as for Toronto it's getting late but still, I wouldn't completely write them off.

Montreal likely won't be relevant for some time either especially with such a young defense but so far the rebuild looks promising and both the u25 and prospect pool are looking better and deeper than I could possibly remember.

Feels great to be a Habs fan for once, but we'll have a better idea of the team's potential in 2-3 years when there is pressure to win.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I seriously doubt 99% of the posters have seen him play yet still make all these grand predictions.

Why not plug the noisemaker until you actually see him play?

As for what he will become, he's 100% hopium and fantasy until he laces them up.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wait so I'm also really confused too. The 2023 was much stronger than the 2024 draft. Michkov was a better prospect than Demidov at the time. Your own team picked Reinbacher over Michkov at 5th overall. That means that your team would value Rein over Demidov. One of them is projected to be a top 4 defencemen the other one is a superstar ???

Looool.

Montreal management has always been higher on Demidov than Michkov. Demidov was second on their list this year after Celebrini.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Seeing people say his IQ is elite, it's obvious that his brain and hands work at incredible speeds, and he's got great vision, but I don't see the high IQ in terms of decision making effectiveness and smarts like people would say about Michkov. Can someone clue me in to where he has shown that?

Playing in the MHL which he's clearly surpassed and experimenting has made him do all sorts of crazy stuff, so it's hard for me to tell that he's being smart in his play, perhaps playing at a higher level you would see him not be as fancy and use more effective plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Seeing people say his IQ is elite, it's obvious that his brain and hands work at incredible speeds, and he's got great vision, but I don't see the high IQ in terms of decision making effectiveness and smarts like people would say about Michkov. Can someone clue me in to where he has shown that?

Playing in the MHL which he's clearly surpassed and experimenting has made him do all sorts of crazy stuff, so it's hard for me to tell that he's being smart in his play, perhaps playing at a higher level you would see him not be as fancy and use more effective plays.

It's not Demidov is dumb, it's just Michkov is too good. IQ has always been the strongest part of his talent. Demidov's IQ is great, just not as great as Michkov's.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
next year in khl. i predict 20-25 points for demidov. and everyone one is talking low on him after that. sure after years he will be good(70-80 point winger). but mitckov was and will be better.
Less then 6 months ago your dream was for the flyers to draft him.

Now you ‘’predict’’ people will supposedly be low on him and be a 70 points winger, lol.

Reactions: Hacketts

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1