F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
So being starved for talent excuses the total lack of rationality in many of the posts in this thread ? You don’t see how these claims could be met w criticism ?
Never said that. Just saying we have good reason to be excited.

Have some fun man, elite prospects will always be hyped up. Michkov is getting the same hype it's not just Demidov.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
All good . Enjoy the ride

It doesnt look like alot of people here do research, i saw 2 serious reports now stating hes the best playmaker / stick handler theyve seen since Daytsuk, the better than McDavid and Bedard is coming out from them not from me.

At this point its habs hate from you guys and some habs fans are encouraging your hate towards us

• Haha
Reactions: Favster

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I know at least one player who hasn’t scored 200 points that’s for sure
Has anyone in the O done that ? The only junior guys I can recall getting close to that would be Lemieux, Lafontaine and Lafleur . I’m probably missing a ton but those were the first 3 I thought of as possible ( obviously they played in the Q ). How many pts did Wayne get ?

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Is there a way to automatically hide any posts on this entire website that contain the word "generational"?

Honest question. Its probably the single most pointless reoccuring discussion point on this board. People arguing page after page about some abstract ranking scheme that can't be objectively defined by either side.
Generational post.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
It doesnt look like alot of people here do research, i saw 2 serious reports now stating hes the best playmaker / stick handler theyve seen since Daytsuk, the better than McDavid and Bedard is coming out from them not from me.

At this point its habs hate from you guys and some habs fans are encouraging your hate towards us
If even 10% of the public scouting reports saying these things about players were accurate, the entire league would be filled with all star teams.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
If even 10% of the public scouting reports saying these things about players were accurate, the entire league would be filled with all star teams.

Its just the haters above were making claims that he wasn't considered generational and they asked me to provide proofs because apparently i was the only one making this claim and somehow i had to carry the burden of "proving" them wrong and now that I brought up 2 solid scouting reports stating he's a generational playmaker, it now doesn't count because scouting reports are meh....

On top of that im getting hate from HABS fans too... some which i doubt they are, they're probably Bruins fans in disguise, but still... Whiskey man... WHISKEY... out of all the haters...YOU do me dirty like that?

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Its just the haters above were making claims that he wasn't considered generational and they asked me to provide proofs because apparently i was the only one making this claim and somehow i had to carry the burden of "proving" them wrong and now that I brought up 2 solid scouting reports stating he's a generational playmaker, it now doesn't count because scouting reports are meh....

On top of that im getting hate from HABS fans too... some which i doubt they are, they're probably Bruins fans in disguise, but still... Whiskey man... WHISKEY... out of all the haters...YOU do me dirty like that?
It's your delivery, man. Calling a 5th overall pick a generational talent is hyperbole, there's just no getting around it. Generational talents get selected first overall, every time, full stop. They don't drop to 5th. Even your fellow habs fans (myself included) are going to balk at a "generational" tag, because we already over-estimate our prospects as it is, and you're going way too far for even the most optimistic of us.

Now, this doesn't mean that genuine superstars don't come out of later spots in the draft, Kucherov is a perfect example. but his talent wasn't recognized as generational, and it still isn't, at least by those of us who aren't retconning the meaning of the word "generational."

I am of the opinion that Demidov has the potential to be genuine superstar for the next 15 years. I watched a youtube where someone simmed his career in Nhl 2024, and he ended up top 25 all time in goals, and around the top 15 all time for assists and points. A legitimate superstar-level hall of fame career. I could see that happening. But at this point, it's nothing but potential (also known as hopes & dreams), and calling him a generational talent is frankly ridiculous. A lot of things have to go his way for him to get there.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Has anyone in the O done that ? The only junior guys I can recall getting close to that would be Lemieux, Lafontaine and Lafleur . I’m probably missing a ton but those were the first 3 I thought of as possible ( obviously they played in the Q ). How many pts did Wayne get ?
Bobby Smith 192, Gretzky 182, Doug Gilmour 177.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's your delivery, man. Calling a 5th overall pick a generational talent is hyperbole, there's just no getting around it. Generational talents get selected first overall, every time, full stop. They don't drop to 5th. Even your fellow habs fans (myself included) are going to balk at a "generational" tag, because we already over-estimate our prospects as it is, and you're going way too far for even the most optimistic of us.

Now, this doesn't mean that genuine superstars don't come out of later spots in the draft, Kucherov is a perfect example. but his talent wasn't recognized as generational, and it still isn't, at least by those of us who aren't retconning the meaning of the word "generational."

I am of the opinion that Demidov has the potential to be genuine superstar for the next 15 years. I watched a youtube where someone simmed his career in Nhl 2024, and he ended up top 25 all time in goals, and around the top 15 all time for assists and points. A legitimate superstar-level hall of fame career. I could see that happening. But at this point, it's nothing but potential (also known as hopes & dreams), and calling him a generational talent is frankly ridiculous. A lot of things have to go his way for him to get there.

wait this is supposed to be "voice of reason" post calling out hyperbole? And you can see him with as many points as Ovechkin?

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
wait this is supposed to be "voice of reason" post calling out hyperbole? And you can see him with as many points as Ovechkin?
Well yes, but I would apply that logic to almost every high-end draft pick with skill. Is it likely that Demidov becomes a superstar hall of famer? Of course not. It's incredibly UNlikely. I can just see a potential future where it happens - Kind of a Dr. Strange 1-in-14000605 kind of thing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You think it would be a miracle for Demidov to be nearly ppg? Lmfao

Not much for living in reality huh?
I think that was @Drew4u with the stupid take of what amounts to "one dimensional guy with 60-70 points and miracle if he hits Suzuki level scoring."

Really ? A 70 point forward is an insulting result ? Lots of guys bust in the top 10 and even top 5 . That is hardly a doomsday type prediction.
That would be a disappointment, honestly. Doomsday, no.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You don't think Slaf and Caufield had the potential to become offensive stars when drafted?

Are you putting Slaf and Cole at the same level with Demidov?

Exhibit C

Exhibit D:

Screen Shot 2024-07-26 at 6.06.18 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad