F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
It's the other way around... You need to prove he's generational.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”
Carl Sagan

There's so much content out there, the burden falls to each person who wants to have an opinion to go and watch him.

Specially if you really get triggered by the notion of Demidov being a generational talent.

So far the people who claim they're "habs fans" and got triggered by my statement are people we never seen once in the habs board.

I feel like im just getting hate from anti-habs fans really.

If the hawks fans can call their glass boy a generational talent i deserve the right to call my future franchise player a generational talent as well.

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Bedard is not generational
Demidov is not generational

Bedard will never even sniff generational status
Demidov has the notion of surprise going for him at the moment. I dont know and most here dont know how much better the russian developement league got in the last years while everyone was in lockdowns here. Russians were almost unnaffected by it. We haven't seen how a top talented prospect from Russia compares to the made up gen talents from here.

Im very optimistic in Demidovs case

It's his skating, footspeed, and lack of size/power.

hes 6.1, he looks pretty powerful to me on the ice for his age. Skating yeah but hes covering so much territory, not sure this will be holding him back and it can be fixed, everything else hes got cant be taught and are great foundations for a super career.

And it's making you look just as silly as the people using that term for Bedard. Is that your goal?

i just made a statement some got really triggered ... i cant control their emotions

But he wasn't, as you properly pointed out last year.

I don't see a world where he has a higher ceiling. Bedard's a flawed player in many ways but still has an incredible skill set. If moved to the wing of a playmaking 2 way C he could legit score 50-60 goals in a season.

I, personally when judging a player dont look at the points or goals, i look at the body of work on the ice. Bedard had tons of pts in the whl but his team was trash. Thats not very useful for a team's success to just score pts, cuz you can score 100 and get scored 150. Its meaningless. If Bedard was asked to be responsible defensively he would not have as many pts, guaranteed.

Benson had alot less points, still best on his team AND his team was really good and he was the best of that team. Not just for points but he played in all situations, sh, pp, ev... he was producing everywhere and at a constant pace. He was great defensively, offensively, with the puck and without the puck. This is personally the type of player i rather have on a team. Will help me score 100 pts but i would only eat 50 in return

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bedard will never even sniff generational status
Demidov has the notion of surprise going for him at the moment. I dont know and most here dont know how much better the russian developement league got in the last years while everyone was in lockdowns here. Russians were almost unnaffected by it. We haven't seen how a top talented prospect from Russia compares to the made up gen talents from here.

Im very optimistic in Demidovs case
That's because you're being a homer. You never posted about this kid once until he was drafted and now all of the sudden he's a generational prospect?

You should honestly be embarrassed.
hes 6.1, he looks pretty powerful to me on the ice for his age.
No, he really doesn't. And his foot speed is really mediocre.
Skating yeah but hes covering so much territory, not sure this will be holding him back and it can be fixed, everything else hes got cant be taught and are great foundations for a super career.
No player with Demidov's foot speed will be generational.
i just made a statement some got really triggered ... i cant control their emotions
A stupid, homer statement that makes you look less intelligent.
I, personally when judging a player dont look at the points or goals, i look at the body of work on the ice.
You apparently first look at whether or not they are a Habs prospect.
Bedard had tons of pts in the whl but his team was trash. Thats not very useful for a team's success to just score pts, cuz you can score 100 and get scored 150. Its meaningless. If Bedard was asked to be responsible defensively he would not have as many pts, guaranteed.
Being a +39 probably helped his team, no?
Benson had alot less points, still best on his team AND his team was really good and he was the best of that team. Not just for points but he played in all situations, sh, pp, ev
So did Bedard

• Haha
Reactions: EveryDay

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe
Slafkovsky (Big) - Suzuki (Two Way) - Demidov (Talent)
Caufield (Shooter) - Hage -Two Way) - Dach (Big)

The 4 wingers are playing on their best side. In your system, only 2.

With these huge talents and first and second lines, but I've tipped Montreal out of the playoffs only if there are injuries to important players, playoffs or a mediocre around 82 regular season games, Caufield good, Hage good and Hutson good can finish sharper October to March and the tempo is key, of course, the habs fans in live at arenas Hage and Caufield and Demikov and Suzuki and Slajkovksy.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
That's because you're being a homer. You never posted about this kid once until he was drafted and now all of the sudden he's a generational prospect?

You should honestly be embarrassed.

No, he really doesn't. And his foot speed is really mediocre.

No player with Demidov's foot speed will be generational.

You apparently first look at whether or not they are a Habs prospect.

Being a +39 probably helped his team, no?

So did Bedard

Are you ok buddy?

You're calling me names for having an opinion over a game?

I should be embarassed for having my opinion?

What is this? Where are we in a mafia meeting?

I feel you're taking this to whole different level you should apologize.

If you dont like Demidov thats cool at least you're stating your ideas but neither you can tell for a fact at this stage how good he really is. I choose to trust the habs scouting team a bit more than yours on this one.

But the last comment you made about Bedard playing in all situations shows you din't do your homework on him very well so id assume you probably dint vet Demidov well either.

And if i was a homer why was i pushing to send Slaf into the minors 2 years ago? Why am i not telling everyone how Price is the best in the world and he should have his jersey retired?

to tell someone they should be ashamed for believing Demidov could become a Kutcherov (ex) is the epitome of stupidity and demonstrates alot of insecurities

Last edited by a moderator:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Kucherov isn't a generationnal player. Absolutely elite, franchise player year in year out. Not generationnal.
So what makes McDavid one then?

You dont think Kucherov had a season of a generational player last season?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You are irrational, Demidov is simply not a generational talent, nothing that he's done as a prospect would deem him as such, stay in your fantasy world. Just because your own fans flood the board and vote for Demidov in polls irrationally doesn't change that, yikes bro, bad look.

C'mon man, Demidov is no more generational than Bedard and you know it. Do you want to look as silly as all the delusional posters from last season who were adamantly declaring Bedard generational?

It sounds like your point is that there is a world where Demidov could become the more impactful NHL'er, which I don't disagree with. Demidov's ceiling is certainly higher than Bedard's floor, but it probably isn't any higher than Bedard's midpoint, so it's probably pretty unlikely that Demidov becomes better.

There are also some legitimate concerns about Demidov's skating style and foot speed translating to the NHL. He's not the biggest guy so I think it's a valid critique, but I think he can overcome it.

Appeal to authority isn't a very convincing way to make your point. This is all we heard last year about Bedard - the consensus among the sport's "authority figures" was that Bedard a McDavid level prospect.

It’s just too much . He’s not a Bedard / Crosby /Mcdavid level guy . There is not one generational skill that he’s shown at any level or in any way to this point . The fact that people are saying he could be a star and that’s an insult … well jeez that’s something

It's the other way around... You need to prove he's generational.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”
Carl Sagan

You guys are debating with someone who claimed Filip Mesar was generational after he got drafted. Don't entertain him...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
This is the thing right, everyone i ask for a reason why they don't believe Demidov is generational are not able to point one thing that knocks him out of the generational talks.
Not one generational skill . How’s that? Average size , below average skating … he looks good but common .

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You kept saying Mesar was going to score 200 pts in the OHL in his d+1 year. Only a generational player would be able to do that.
You’re kinda filling in the blanks here …..there are some unique views here but let’s stick to what’s actually said rather than finishing his sentences..

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You kept saying Mesar was going to score 200 pts in the OHL in his d+1 year. Only a generational player would be able to do that.

oh ok changing the goal posts now... great

It was more of a picture i was making of his potential on a full season in the OHL.

And what happend? he was the OHL player with the most goal scoring chances created by any player, we're talking about 5-6 chances per game. Could have i predicted his teammates would be trash and couldn't follow his pace? no. So yeah i think i did pretty all right in my prediction. I promised a messenger would arrive with a basket full of bred, the messenger did arrive but the basket had some bred and some honey. We're arguing over technicalities here.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

It was more of a picture i was making of his potential on a full season in the OHL.

And what happend? he was the OHL player with the most goal scoring chances created by any player, we're talking about 5-6 chances per game. Could have i predicted his teammates would be trash and couldn't follow his pace? no. So yeah i think i did pretty all right in my prediction. I promised a messenger would arrive with a basket full of bred, the messenger did arrive but the basket had some bred and some honey. We're arguing over technicalities here.
Yeah technicalities... Mesar was closer to zero points than 200.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You’re kinda filling in the blanks here …..there are some unique views here but let’s stick to what’s actually said rather than finishing his sentences..

There is no filling in the blanks here. Any player that scores 200 pts in a season in the CHL would be considered a generational prospect.

There was not even a 0.00000001% of Mesar scoring 200 pts. That prediction was awful and made 0 sense.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There is no filling in the blanks here. Any player that scores 200 pts in a season in the CHL would be considered a generational prospect.

There was not even a 0.00000001% of Mesar scoring 200 pts. That prediction was awful and made 0 sense.

how many players in the OHL you know have created 5-6 scoring chances per game on avg in the last 40 years?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
how many players in the OHL you know have created 5-6 scoring chances per game on avg in the last 40 years?

I don't know how many scoring chances Mesar was creating per game, but there was a gazillion players in just the last several years who've created more.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Mmmk same thing goes for Bedard, what did he do in the whl to prove hes generational? Score lots of points vs weaker opponnents, team playing for him rather than playing to win?

What did we see from him in the nhl? How did he get his pts this year? He was overly used in pp and in all offensive situations, he dint back check etc. If you analysed Bedard's game you knew that what was happening was not scalable in to the Nhl and once in the NHL he was treated like a queen.

Demidov on the other hand is showing everything a true generational talent can do. He scores lots of points, he's involved in many aspect of the game and covers more territory.
Bedard is much better then Ivan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad