F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
In later rounds ? Yeah, we’re talking about first 5 picks with guys like Fantilli, Carlsson etc available, but picking two d men that are far away from becoming NHL regulars over a possible generational talent is insane any way you look at it

I think what really happened is they realized how much they f***ed up last year and didn’t want to make the same mistake seeing how Michkov will debut before Reinbacher

your opinion is valid, you may be right or wrong but saying the same thing 10x doesn’t make it more credible.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
100%...Hughes copped to this last night in a late night interview. Also said Habs have been looking at Demidov since last year...so I think the habs not wanting Russians is untrue; Seems like bobrov has loved Demidov's game for quite a while time
They didn't like Michkov character , same for Arizona, it didn't have anything to do with the Russian factor according to many Habs well connected reporters : McCagg, Brunet, etc.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In later rounds ? Yeah, we’re talking about first 5 picks with guys like Fantilli, Carlsson etc available, but picking two d men that are far away from becoming NHL regulars over a possible generational talent is insane any way you look at it

I think what really happened is they realized how much they f***ed up last year and didn’t want to make the same mistake seeing how Michkov will debut before Reinbacher
Your opinions are rarely (if not never) facts.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

This is 100% number 1 bullshit post in HF world.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That tells me Chicago wanted Lindstrom. Otherwise this would have been offered to Montreal too, and it wasn’t.

It was definitely for Demidov. The hawks have been heavily linked to him for a while. It also makes sense to offer an unprotected 1st for Demidov since he's a 1st overall pick talent. That's not the case with Lindstrom, and there will likely be several players as good as Lindstrom next draft.

The hawks likely offered that package to the habs, and it was rejected quickly. It was reported the habs received several offers for the 5th overall pick.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
The kid looked so happy during the draft, reminded me of Cole, happy go lucky guy who loves the game and has fun playing it.

Oh and yes habs did pass on that Russian kid that Philly took last year,so if it’s that important to you guys make a thread about it, this kid just got drafted less than 24 hours, can we give it a rest for a few days.

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It was definitely for Demidov. The hawks have been heavily linked to him for a while. It also makes sense to offer an unprotected 1st for Demidov since he's a 1st overall pick talent. That's not the case with Lindstrom, and there will likely be several players as good as Lindstrom next draft.

The hawks likely offered that package to the habs, and it was rejected quickly. It was reported the habs received several offers for the 5th overall pick.
If the Hawks felt that Demidov was a 1st overall talent, they would have grabbed him at #2. Just saying.

I agree it was more likely for Lindstrom. Talent big centers are incredibly sought after in this league.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

1st overall talents don’t drop to 5th. Maybe pump the brakes a bit.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sometimes they drop to 58. I keep saying that NHL teams don't scout Russians well.

Now he’s gonna be Kucherov 😂. I mean anything’s possible, but the odds aren’t in his favour. Kucherov wasn’t a 1st overall calibre prospect at that age either (obviously). Thats the flaw in your logic.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Yep. They lost out on Michkov, whether because he didn't want to play there or management didn't want him, and ever since, they've held out hope for Demidov.

But now Demidov is looking like a sure thing to go before their pick, and they are holding onto the glimmer of hope that the draft will fall perfectly into place for them. It won't. If Hawks don't pick him, Ducks will. And in the insane scenario that they both pass on him, Columbus won't.
200-2.gif

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the Hawks felt that Demidov was a 1st overall talent, they would have grabbed him at #2. Just saying.

I agree it was more likely for Lindstrom. Talent big centers are incredibly sought after in this league.

There is no debate that Demidov possesses 1st overall pick talent.
Pretty much every scout says so.

Also teams don't choose players just based off talent. There's a lot more that go into it such as position, team needs, risks (russia), etc.

Potential top pairing RD are extremely valuable and hard to acquire, and the Hawks decided to go with that.

There are a lot of great centers expected to be there at the top of next draft. So making that trade for Lindstrom doesn't make much sense for the hawks. Demidov makes a lot more sense because chances are there won't be a player as talented as him when the hawks pick next year.

Fyodorov

Apr 20, 2021
Now he’s gonna be Kucherov 😂. I mean anything’s possible, but the odds aren’t in his favour. Kucherov wasn’t a 1st overall calibre prospect at that age either (obviously). Thats the flaw in your logic.

"1st overall calibre prospect" is totally subjective anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad