F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
but...but...that's not how you spell Chicago!

bo-burnham.gif

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
In later rounds ? Yeah, we’re talking about first 5 picks with guys like Fantilli, Carlsson etc available, but picking two d men that are far away from becoming NHL regulars over a possible generational talent is insane any way you look at it

I think what really happened is they realized how much they f***ed up last year and didn’t want to miss the same mistake seeing how Michkov will debut before Reinbacher
Bobrov has watched way too many games and knows way to many things about Russian hockey and these players to make that mistake if he truly felt Michkov was that important. If Michkov was that guy for Bobrov, he would have been pounding the table and smashing vodka bottles.

With Demidov, Nick Bobrov was practically gushing and there was apparently zero doubt who he and Montreal wanted in this age group. This goes back from before last years draft, even. I hope one day they share the reason why in one of those videos. It would be interesting to know with how talented Michkov is.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bobrov has watched way too many games and knows way to many things about Russian hockey and these players to make that mistake if he truly felt Michkov was that important. If Michkov was that guy for Bobrov, he would have been pounding the table and smashing vodka bottles.

With Demidov, Nick Bobrov was practically gushing and there was apparently zero doubt who he and Montreal wanted in this age group. This goes back from before last years draft, even. I hope one day they share the reason why in one of those videos.

We'll be watching Michkov this coming season and trying to figure out what bad things Bobrov saw in him...

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
When you look at Michkov on the ice it's obvious his teammates love him so it's hard to say what issues Bobrov could know about. Btw Demidov was his best friend on SKA.

k-280eREowg.jpg
He has been following these players since they were little kids. I don't have the answer. I would love to hear it one day. Both players looked absolutely cracked so it is confusing with the different positions and values on Montreals draft list (Demidov #1, Michkov not picked). It could even be the flyers paving the way and proving that it is not as difficult as people thought it was going to be.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The main issues with him were his nationality and his contract. As we already know, none of that became a serious issue

Those were not Michkov's only issues. Character problem, inconsistent compete level, lack of size/speed, etc. were other issues. Teams could have still passed on him even if they knew he would come over after 1 year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
You might not see it come out this year. If it truly is a character issue, it may not present itself until later in his career. If he's back playing in the KHL before he hits 30, pretty solid bet that they made the right choice.

Those issues are gonna be similar to MacKinnon's, I guess...

Those were not Michkov's only issues. Character problem, inconsistent compete level, lack of size/speed, etc. were other issues. Teams could have still passed on him even if they knew he would come over after 1 year.

Lol, have you read this somewhere or invented? Because by general opinion his compete level is too high for some of his teammates.

Alright, this is Demidov's topic, and no matter how Michkov is going to be great, I'm pretty sure Ivan will become a superstar as well. Even if it's a Kaprizov's level, I don't think it's bad to be as good as Kirill.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lol, have you read this somewhere or invented? Because by general opinion his compete level is too high for some of his teammates.

Alright, this is Demidov's topic, and no matter how Michkov is going to be great, I'm pretty sure Ivan will become a superstar as well. Even if it's a Kaprizov's level, I don't think it's bad to be as good as Kirill.

Basu, who's a The Athletic writer that covers the habs:

"One of the reasons I believe the Canadiens passed on Michkov was the degree to which his willingness to compete would waver, and though I only watched Demidov’s playoff games, I did not see that same variance in competitiveness. He fights for pucks. He skates back hard on defence. He physically engages opponents. In other words, he cares, and it shows."

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Very happy for Montreal fans after the controversy last year.

Thought Chicago should've taken him but I'm happy to see him coming to Montreal.

I know its early but whats the thought on his ETA? Play 1 year in the KHL then play for Montreal in 25-26?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
We'll be watching Michkov this coming season and trying to figure out what bad things Bobrov saw in him...

Or we can wait and see if Reinbacher ends up being a better dman than Michkov is a winger. He’s not a slouch of a prospect.

Very happy for Montreal fans after the controversy last year.

Thought Chicago should've taken him but I'm happy to see him coming to Montreal.

I know its early but whats the thought on his ETA? Play 1 year in the KHL then play for Montreal in 25-26?
Apparently that’s the plan. He has one year left and will apparently honor it before making the leap overseas. I’m hoping he sees ice time, sometimes these guys get glued to the bench.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
The main issues with him were his nationality and his contract. As we already know, none of that became a serious issue
Ah yeah, that bullshit about "his nationality". Yet a few posts earlier you were whining about Simashev being picked before Michkov. Remind me, what does Simashev's passport says? Then, remind me what Demidov's passport says?

There's nothing wrong with people who haven't been involved in pro hockey doing a little armchair scouting. But you guys should really learn to not take your pure speculation for reality and to realize player evaluation is multi-faceted.

These players are not evaluated on just one thing, each team has its own way of achieving their ranking and a part of this involves intangibles and projections. Trying to make up reasons for why the draft order was different from what you imagined from the comfort of your basement is useless.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

With Demidov, Nick Bobrov was practically gushing and there was apparently zero doubt who he and Montreal wanted in this age group. This goes back from before last years draft, even. I hope one day they share the reason why in one of those videos. It would be interesting to know with how talented Michkov is.
Bobrov was already higher on Demidov last year than Michkov which was definitely strange considering his ties to SKA. I wanted Michkov last year but we will see pretty soon what Bobrov was on about since Michkov is coming over

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Ah yeah, that bullshit about "his nationality". Yet a few posts earlier you were whining about Simashev being picked before Michkov. Remind me, what does Simashev's passport says? Then, remind me what Demidov's passport says?

There's nothing wrong with people who haven't been involved in pro hockey doing a little armchair scouting. But you guys should really learn to not take your pure speculation for reality and to realize player evaluation is multi-faceted.

These players are not evaluated on just one thing, each team has its own way of achieving their ranking and a part of this involves intangibles and projections. Trying to make up reasons for why the draft order was different from what you imagined from the comfort of your basement is useless.
All you need is to watch this past draft , it was all over the place compared to where alot of these kids were projected , teams don't have the same lists and don't value the same things equally

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Still, nothing beats Simashev and Reinbacher over Michkov even if he straight told them he wasn’t going to play for them (which he did not )
Michkov did not fall because teams drafted for need. It is well known bitchkov is a prima donna who made a team list he would only play for.
Major character issues.

• Haha
Reactions: ViD

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Michkov did not fall because teams drafted for need. It is well known bitchkov is a prima donna who made a team list he would only play for.
Major character issues.

Yeah, there were 2 teams on that list, Arizona and Washington. As far as I understand Washington still was going to pick him, but Philadelphia did it first.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012

Michkov is a shrimp ar 5'10 and 170 soaking wet. While Demidov is bigger and heavier, has a way better 2 way game, while having comparable elite offense.

Reactions: HabsQC

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
In later rounds ? Yeah, we’re talking about first 5 picks with guys like Fantilli, Carlsson etc available, but picking two d men that are far away from becoming NHL regulars over a possible generational talent is insane any way you look at it

Defensemen are more consequential to the hockey game than forwards, especially wingers. More TOI. That’s why team with underwhelming defensive corps like the Leafs and Oilers before Ekholm/Bouchard are afterthoughts in the playoffs despite franchise/generational talent at the forward position.

Right hand shot defensemen are more rare. Reinbacher was a top D in a good men’s league. Hold your horses on the judgment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad