F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
crazy he fell to the the fifth spot. lindstrom and sennecke over demidov is simply idiotic.

I think Demidov is far and away the 2nd best prospect in this draft year but as the years go on and players are making an impact 1, 2, or 3 years after getting drafted, the draft has become a lot more of a team building exercise than simply going BPA for every pick.

The Lindstrom, Levshunov, and even Sennecke (to a lesser extent imo) picks make sense for what those teams are building given what they already have.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Wanted him to play with Bedard, but Montreal isn't bad too. The city is crazy about hockey and the team, exactly the place where Russian supertalented kid should play. Of course would be even cooler if they'd have played together with Michkov in the NHL, but... it's not bad this way as well.
He’ll be beloved like Markov and Kovalev were.

Terrific spot for him and terrific player for the club.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Still, nothing beats Simashev and Reinbacher over Michkov even if he straight told them he wasn’t going to play for them (which he did not )

Nick Bobrov is well connected to these Russian players, teams and agents. He might have known something that was overlooked. He also could have been told that Michkov didn't want to play in Montreal. Montreal said that Demidov was on of the best interviews ever. That they had been watching and wanting him for years.

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
It doesn’t matter, you still pick him like Lindros

Bobrov might not think he is good in a dressing room. The team just didn't feel like he was in the plans. They could wind up dead wrong. With Demidov, Bobrov and the Montreal organization in general was showing a way higher interest level. Few NHL scouts know these players as well as Nick Bobrov.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Bobrov might not think he is good in a dressing room. The team just didn't feel like he was in the plans. They could up dead wrong. With Demidov, Bobrov and the Montreal organization in general was showing a way higher interest level. Few NHL scouts know these players as well as Nick Bobrov.
The main issues with him were his nationality and his contract. As we already know, none of that became a serious issue

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The main issues with him were his nationality and his contract. As we already know, none of that became a serious issue
That is what the general consensus was. Nick Bobrov is way more connected to these Russian players than most NHL front offices and media members. I personally found the lack of interest that Bobrov had in Michkov weird (he is really really good), but he is extremely well connected and has viewed these players more than most people.

The stark difference with Demidov was noticeable. Bobrov and Montreal in general had way stronger positive views and comments on him. I personally think both are going to become great players but I would love to know why we passed on the one and we're glowing about the other. Bobrov is connected enough to make you wonder.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
His nationality was such an issue that the Habs drafted two russians last year.
In later rounds ? Yeah, we’re talking about first 5 picks with guys like Fantilli, Carlsson etc available, but picking two d men that are far away from becoming NHL regulars over a possible generational talent is insane any way you look at it

That is what the general consensus was. Nick Bobrov is way more connected to these Russian players than most NHL front offices and media members. I personally found the lack of interest that Bobrov had in Michkov weird (he is really really good), but he is extremely well connected and has viewed these players more than most people.

The stark difference with Demidov was noticeable. Bobrov and Montreal in general had way stronger positive views and comments on him. I personally think both are going to become great players but I would love to know why we passed on the one and we're glowing about the other.
I think what really happened is they realized how much they f***ed up last year and didn’t want to make the same mistake seeing how Michkov will debut before Reinbacher

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

The stark difference with Demidov was noticeable. Bobrov and Montreal in general had way stronger positive views and comments on him. I personally think both are going to become great players but I would love to know why we passed on the one and we're glowing about the other. Bobrov is connected enough to make you wonder.

When you look at Michkov on the ice it's obvious his teammates love him so it's hard to say what issues Bobrov could know about. Btw Demidov was his best friend on SKA.

k-280eREowg.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad