F Gustavs Griva - Jungadler Mannheim, Germany U17 (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

The other of the German/Latvian Griva twins that have impressed early in their hockey career. Gustavs has the better numbers thus far in the German U17 league and matched his brothers totals playing for the German U16 team in Füssan (8pts in 5 games) Gustavs is much like his brother, offensively skilled, strong skater, good motor. I guess we’ll see how things play out for the kids.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Looks really promising. I assume he’s definitely representing Germany and not Latvia?

Definitely.
So far, him and his brother have only represented Germany. And since they live and play in Germany, I would assume it remains that way.

Reactions: Kalv

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
We need more twins playing hockey. A couple of years ago there was some buzz around Joel and Max Wahlgren, who both played in international games. Funny thing is, they are both playing on the same time in the 3rd division of Sweden right now!

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
We need more twins playing hockey. A couple of years ago there was some buzz around Joel and Max Wahlgren, who both played in international games. Funny thing is, they are both playing on the same time in the 3rd division of Sweden right now!
You also have a talented set coming up in B.C. Liam and Markus Ruck who both are talented enough to be 1st round WHL bantam picks this year.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Gustavs had 3 assists as Germany's U17 team defeated Finland in OT (5-4) at the "European Youth Olympics Festival".

Do you have a link to the VOD?

Would love to watch that game - not often do we beat a team like Finland, at any level.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Do you have a link to the VOD?

Would love to watch that game - not often do we beat a team like Finland, at any level.

No, I have been looking for some kind of video for the last hour or so, but with no success.
I wasn't even aware, that this tournament was going on, until @Daeni10 posted about the win against Finland on the Germany board.

Then I checked the website for the boxscore, but could not find any links to videos. There is nothing on the official youtube channel either.
I am not of facebook or instagram so I have no idea if there is anything to find there.

I wish I knew how good this team Finland was, if they were missing many top players, or not. In the past they have sent good teams to this event. But I know nothing about this age group of the Finns.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hopefully my job will allow me to watch tomorrows game vs. Slovakia at 3:30pm CET.

They are showing Italy vs. Switzerland live right now.
I guess I am turning this into a tournament thread instead of a player thread. Sorry about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad