Prospect Info: (F) Frank Nazar - 2022 NHL Draft, 13th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Depends on what you think Nazar is. He ranked him lower than Phillips. Thats delusional in my opinion.

I think he's likely a 50 point 2C in his prime. He was a top player at Michigan. Not sure why they would say that. He scored really well 5 on 5.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Nazar..gif

Frankie.jpg

Reactions: Dead Meat

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
Depends on what you think Nazar is. He ranked him lower than Phillips. Thats delusional in my opinion.

I think he's likely a 50 point 2C in his prime. He was a top player at Michigan. Not sure why they would say that. He scored really well 5 on 5.

Who cares what Pronman thinks. It is only one man´s view on things. McKeen´s sees Nazar Hawks second best prospect. So lets focus on that for a change? And to add to this there is no ranking that determinates what Nazar will eventually be or become. Actions speaks louder than words.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Bringing Kane back to mentor skill guys like Bedard and Frankie would’ve been such a privilege, AND Kaner wanted to back smh

Weirdly bad decision on KD’s part. No one was mad at the Rangers or Wings for acquiring Kane ( I’m assuming the decision was related to the Beach situation) and there’s pretty much no one in the world who could be a better mentor for Bedard to be a first overall undersized skill guy playing in Chicago

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bringing Kane back to mentor skill guys like Bedard and Frankie would’ve been such a privilege, AND Kaner wanted to back smh

Weirdly bad decision on KD’s part. No one was mad at the Rangers or Wings for acquiring Kane ( I’m assuming the decision was related to the Beach situation) and there’s pretty much no one in the world who could be a better mentor for Bedard to be a first overall undersized skill guy playing in Chicago
Although I'm sure the ship has sailed, it's not like it's over.

He's only signed to a one year contract with Detroit.

I don't think you can bring Kane back until Bedard is named captain. Because if Kane comes back, he's captain by default, and that creates a block for Bedard who they definitely want to be the face of the franchise.

Reactions: scorehawks

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Although I'm sure the ship has sailed, it's not like it's over.

He's only signed to a one year contract with Detroit.

I don't think you can bring Kane back until Bedard is named captain. Because if Kane comes back, he's captain by default, and that creates a block for Bedard who they definitely want to be the face of the franchise.
I don't know if Kaner would be captain if he came back .. maybe .. but given it's the new guard I think it's more likely IF he came back that he wouldn't wear the C but an A yes. And with Bedard I see him more like the Kane archetype so we need a Toews 2.0 to wear the C and who will that be?

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I don't know if Kaner would be captain if he came back .. maybe .. but given it's the new guard I think it's more likely IF he came back that he wouldn't wear the C but an A yes. And with Bedard I see him more like the Kane archetype so we need a Toews 2.0 to wear the C and who will that be?
Bedard will be wearing the C when the team decides to assign one.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Bedard will be wearing the C when the team decides to assign one.
Chances are you are correct.
I just happen to view Bedard differently .. I think we were spoiled with a guy like Toews as our captain. Bedard will be a big part of the team going forward no doubt but I just don't see him as captain material.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
For me it's his body type and to a lesser extent his personality .. he's slight and will be unable to go through the trenches like I prefer a captain to be able to do. Like a Toews or Messier.
But hey chances are Bedard will be made captain and I will gladly eat my words with that first cup,

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
yeah yeah I hear you and I'm very willing to be wrong here it's just his physicality doesn't scream warrior to me. It's a different game in the NHL with the long season and even longer playoffs. He is a superb Lancelot for sure ... I just don't see a King Arthur.
I could see him developing a Crosby-like physicality, you already see glimpses of it. He may not initiate much, but he will go to the dirty areas and take hits to make plays. That’s all I ask in a captain.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Chances are you are correct.
I just happen to view Bedard differently .. I think we were spoiled with a guy like Toews as our captain. Bedard will be a big part of the team going forward no doubt but I just don't see him as captain material.
What are you basing that on? Seems odd.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Bedard is going to be captain.

I do agree with the sentiment to a point tho that sometimes the most talented shouldnt necessarily automatically be the captain. They already have enough in terms of expectations and captains are expected to get into dirty areas. Like as captain would Bedard be expected to get into fisticuffs if a dirty hit is thrown? Do we want him doing that? Is he going to be a worse player if he's not captain?

Making a role guy like Lowry captain was a great call and I don't think it diminishes guys like Morrissey and Connor's reputation. We don't have a Lowry tho sooo

Reactions: crazyhawk

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm not huge on not bringing Kaner back, but adding Teuvo for the next three years sort of seals it for his chances of returning. Between TT, Bedard, and Nazar, there just isn't room for another shifty, undersized forward.

Will say that, impact wise, Teravainen is probably close to where Kane is these days. Kaner is likely still better offensively, but given his age and extreme lack of defense, I could see Teuvo having a similar overall impact this year, and be more impactful in future seasons.

Not having Kaner hurts emotionally more than anything.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I could see him developing a Crosby-like physicality, you already see glimpses of it. He may not initiate much, but he will go to the dirty areas and take hits to make plays. That’s all I ask in a captain.
That would be great though I don't see the same Crosby like physicality necessarily.
We have a gem in Bedard but again I see more of a Kaner type physicality with Bedard than a Toews. Please prove me wrong CB! Without any nasty injuries!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
What are you basing that on? Seems odd.
Mainly upon the physicality aspect. I think he is a true and bonafide leader it's just in my ideal scenario we have a similar duo as to Kane and Toews which worked out beautifully.
I am sure CB will be made captain if not this year than next so all this is moot but you never know until you do ... it will be exciting to see where we are in a couple of years and how Bedard is managing being the leading point getter, leader and captain. I suppose there's nothing wrong with a captain not being overly physical as long as there are a good few background leaders who take up the challenge .... maybe Boisvert?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad