F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The Wings have petitioned the NHL to make him AHL eligible is the latest we have heard in Detroit.

I also wonder if Europe is an option. They seem to want him to play in a Men's league next year. Of course that is if he doesn't make the team outright anyway.
Why do they have to petition it, wasnt he loaned to Halifax?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
There is disagreement over whether he was loaned or not. The NHL is reviewing the documents and will make a decision.
Oh, wasn't aware of that, hopefully he gets to go play in the AHL, I think that would be a better place for him than the CHL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I wonder on what grounds they are going to fight it. Could be interesting to see this one play out, although it could hurt Halifax on future imports if they put Zadina in serious limbo (such as litigation that attempts to block him playing in the AHL).

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
The appeal would likely be to the IIHF.

The biggest fear Halifax should have with that is that if the IIHF blocks his assignment to the AHL until the decision is rendered and it takes them a long time to make a decision (any time from mid-January on), then Halifax risks the possibility that the IIHF rules against them, Detroit immediately puts him in the AHL, and Halifax cannot add a Euro to replace him.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
They should revise this ridiculous chl/nhl deal

granted they want talent to stay in chl but nhl should push to revise the deal that would say allow 1 prospect per team per year be eligible ahl

this way each teams prospects have a chance of developping
I completely agree. While I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to darastically reduce the amount of top level talent in the CHL, there needs to be some kind of leeway. Far too often players get buried in juniors for too long or rushed in to the NHL. Even if an NHL team had the option to rule a junior player AHL eligable once every two years that would still make a huge difference for so many prospects.

Reactions: derriko

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder on what grounds they are going to fight it. Could be interesting to see this one play out, although it could hurt Halifax on future imports if they put Zadina in serious limbo (such as litigation that attempts to block him playing in the AHL).

They don't really have anything to stand on. If he had a contract with his Czech team and was only on loan to Halfax, he was drafted as a member of his Czech team and can go straight to the AHL. I don't see any point in fighting it. Even if you win, it's not like the player is going to be happy about playing for you.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
They don't really have anything to stand on. If he had a contract with his Czech team and was only on loan to Halfax, he was drafted as a member of his Czech team and can go straight to the AHL. I don't see any point in fighting it. Even if you win, it's not like the player is going to be happy about playing for you.

If somehow they rule he has to play in Detroit or Halifax, the Wings will keep him on the roster

cowgirlcath

Johnny Mony and Cathy
Jul 9, 2018
Calgary
Probably the most exciting player for me during the WJC, him and Necas were so fun to watch, especially on the PP. He's one of those players that can create chances and goals out of nowhere and has quite the personality too. Rooting hard for this kid.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Probably the most exciting player for me during the WJC, him and Necas were so fun to watch, especially on the PP. He's one of those players that can create chances and goals out of nowhere and has quite the personality too. Rooting hard for this kid.

Its very exciting for Wings fans too. Not that I'd trade the sustained success of the 90s and '00s for high draft picks, but it wasn't long ago that us fans could only get excited about prospects like Jan Mursak and Mitch Callahan, as they were always picking super late in the draft. The one nice thing about the past few years as a Wings fan has been the excitement of real blue chip prospects, and we haven't drafted a guy this exciting in a long, long time.

Reactions: TheMule93

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It is detroit. He gotta wait 4 more years

What year are you living in? Those days are over, I'd be shocked if he spends more than two years away from the NHL, and if he does, it would be because his development sucked, not because there's no room for him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Quick Proposal:

To DET:
Hayton
Bahl
Jenik
Emberson
Prosvetov

To ARI:
Zadina

No?

Okay...
Thats a bad draft man... Even accouting for the fact I had Hayton ranked outside the first round, Bahl as your 2nd pick... that hurts. Emberson and Jenik are nice though.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hayton had better become a top 6 center or that's a horribly fumbled pick. Like... It's already considered a bad pick but if he's not even top 6 it's awful.

Reactions: schnapshot

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
They should revise this ridiculous chl/nhl deal

granted they want talent to stay in chl but nhl should push to revise the deal that would say allow 1 prospect per team per year be eligible ahl

this way each teams prospects have a chance of developping

Clearly this CBA clause is a concession from NHL to CHL. The question is, what is the NHL getting in return? There is no charity in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad