F Dominik Pavlik (2007) - Mountfield HK, Czech (2025 Draft)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hi, I was going through EP last night and found this guy. What do you think of him? He has 32 points (17+15) in 19 games in Czech U17 league so far this year, but more importantely 3p (1+2) in 4 games in Czech U20 league so far this year. Its interesting because another Czech prospect Adam Benak (also 2025 draft) which is only a two weeks or so younger than Pavlik, is dropping similar numbers so far this year and is considered a top prospect for the 2025 draft.

I know its early but if this guy can keep this pace, he can also be considered a possible first round pick, what do you think? Has anybody seen him play?

Looks like he really made a big progress since last season (at least from a points perspective) and if he can play this "good" with 3-4 years older guys in U20 its definitely and interesting guy to look at. Also scored 3goals in 3matches for Czech U16 national team on ongoing winter tournament.

So what do you think?

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I was going through EP last night and found this guy. What do you think of him? He has 32 points (17+15) in 19 games in Czech U17 league so far this year, but more importantely 3p (1+2) in 4 games in Czech U20 league so far this year. Its interesting because another Czech prospect Adam Benak (also 2025 draft) which is only a two weeks or so younger than Pavlik, is dropping similar numbers so far this year and is considered a top prospect for the 2025 draft.

I know its early but if this guy can keep this pace, he can also be considered a possible first round pick, what do you think? Has anybody seen him play?

Looks like he really made a big progress since last season (at least from a points perspective) and if he can play this "good" with 3-4 years older guys in U20 its definitely and interesting guy to look at. Also scored 3goals in 3matches for Czech U16 national team on ongoing winter tournament.

So what do you think?

Never heard of him but now following this thread! Hope you're right! Thanks for posting it.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

Joins Adam Benak as the second underager to make the U17 squad.
Has anyone here actually seen him play? I am very surprised by his nomination, I thought he was hardly average at the recent U16 tournament.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Joins Adam Benak as the second underager to make the U17 squad.
Has anyone here actually seen him play? I am very surprised by his nomination, I thought he was hardly average at the recent U16 tournament.

For many years, I tried to watch all the categories, but I didn't see the tournaments in December that coincided with WJCH this time. But yes, I was also surprised when I read it now. I've definitely seen him play in some past tournament, but again, he wasn't that prominent. But from what I remember, he certainly didn't play badly, we'll see, maybe he'll be a pleasant surprise.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
For many years, I tried to watch all the categories, but I didn't see the tournaments in December that coincided with WJCH this time. But yes, I was also surprised when I read it now. I've definitely seen him play in some past tournament, but again, he wasn't that prominent. But from what I remember, he certainly didn't play badly, we'll see, maybe he'll be a pleasant surprise.
He wasn't bad, but my impression was that majority of his impact came from being more physically developed. When I see an underager on any junior national team, I expect him to be good enough to play at that level and to have significant upside going forward. Galvas, Jiricek and Benak all being prime examples. I am not sure Pavlik offers the latter, hence my reaction.

But I want to believe I just missed something and he is in fact a strong prospect, I will certainly watch at least a game to see how he does.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He wasn't bad, but my impression was that majority of his impact came from being more physically developed. When I see an underager on any junior national team, I expect him to be good enough to play at that level and to have significant upside going forward. Galvas, Jiricek and Benak all being prime examples. I am not sure Pavlik offers the latter, hence my reaction.

But I want to believe I just missed something and he is in fact a strong prospect, I will certainly watch at least a game to see how he does.
I agree. Unfortunately, it is still quite common for us to nominate some players based only on physical parameters. We saw it with the example of Jecha, who played HGC with players two years older, and today we see that he may be a solid player, but by no means a top prospect.

FHC

Apr 2, 2023

has anyone seen him play?

FHC

Apr 2, 2023
In the new season he will play for Kärpät-U18 and, I hope, will be involved in games for U20.
Is this good for him?
I hope that he will has some games in U20, he played well in Five Nations in Chomutov and also 2 goals (one from shoutout and one in overtime)+2 asist in 2 games in SM-Sarja U18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad