Confirmed with Link: (F) Dawson Mercer re-signs with NJD (3 years, $4M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Alright, hurry up and get to camp now!!!
Exactly.

Super happy he's signed - and that's it's a "longer" bridge. I think he's a Killorn, Palat type of player for us (in terms of what he means to the team, not style). Not "core" per se, but a super important piece both on-ice as as for the culture they're building.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
3 for 4 is a good deal for us and lets the team figure out if he’s worth committing to long term.

Might cost the team more on that long term deal but he’s never gonna be a 10M guy so I think you’re at most giving up like 1.5M extra which is probably worth the trade off

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This is a perfect deal for us. I love it. Was no need for worry whatsoever.

giphy-downsized.gif

We're ready to roll baby!

Reactions: AfroThunder396

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
its a good fair deal. i was hoping for longer because i think he could seriously over perform under a long term deal but either way window is open team has got to start winning no more excuses.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
3 for 4 is a good deal for us and lets the team figure out if he’s worth committing to long term.

Might cost the team more on that long term deal but he’s never gonna be a 10M guy so I think you’re at most giving up like 1.5M extra which is probably worth the trade off

I feel like coming into the year if he was good it would’ve been a long term deal in the 6s. Unless he completely blows away expectations of his ceiling then yeah I don’t think his next deal at the end of this would be that much higher

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
its a good fair deal. i was hoping for longer because i think he could seriously over perform under a long term deal but either way window is open team has got to start winning no more excuses.

It's a perfect length deal because it brings him right up to his last RFA year. It pretty much puts us in the perfect position of seeing if Mercer can return to form or not. I have all the faith in the world that he'll turn it around after last year under Keefe because I really like him as a player, but if he can't, this is a very movable contract as well.

This is a really nice deal for us. And I hope Dawson works his ass off and gets a bigger payday off of it.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Great deal for NJ.
It allows to carry another minimum contract player, which we kind of need if we don't want MacDermid as the 13th forward.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
This is a great deal. Mercer has a chance to show management he's worth the big money on his next deal, and the team gets a long bridge for cost control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad