F Cooper Simpson - Shakopee Sabres, USHS (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I don't think he's close to Connelly. Some frustrating plays though at the same time the most dangerous US forward through the tournament.

He has a good shot which is evident. Heavy from a distance and goalies have a tough time containing it. Seems to bounce right off them. Some moments of hands and 1 on 1 skill. I'm not sure about his hockey sense. I thought it was a strength at the end of last season, but looked like a weakness in this tournament. He can hit guys on the far side through the neutral zone, but wasn't even looking pass in the offensive zone or really making himself dangerous to open lanes. Especially on the powerplay, tons of poor quality shots. He's not a good enough skater to be a 1 on 1 goal scorer. I didn't love his battle level through the tournament either.

Right now I'd say 3rd rounder. Possible 20 goal scorer.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
i don’t see it at all -which is fine he is young -
don’t love his hockey iq - just doesn’t make great high end plays to his teammates - let’s see what he does in ushl full season

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like his expected points would've been like 7 or 8 and if he didn't have such terrible puck luck he would've easily led the US team in points and everyone would be singing his praises. The amount of plays he made that almost resulted in goals was crazy, and his line mates were pretty bad. He also drew a lot of penalties that don't count as points, but show how dangerous he is with the puck that players are always taking penalties against him.

He saved his worst games for last, so I feel worse about what I'm saying than I did 30 hours ago. His situational decision making needs more work than I thought last year. He throws away so many pucks trying to do too much. I liked his battle level more than last season. He actually was trying to compete off the puck, but it's definitely not a strength of his game.

Has his flaws, but he's instant offense with a good shot/pass combo, natural creativity to how he plays, good skating, and pro average or better size. I think he has the highest upside from the US Hlinka team, and he has first round potential if he has a big season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad