F Conrad Fondrk - Mount St. Charles Academy, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

One of the many players coming up that has phenomenal edge work - he is similar to players like Antonio Stranges before him that use the Mohawk to make their way around the offensive zone. While he could be described as a skilled forward - Fondrk already has good details to his game that may suggest he could be a good two way player down the road. Fondrk has a heavy, accurate shot that easily fools goalies at this stage. He isn’t shy about going to the front of the net, nor is he one to avoid corners and digging out loose pucks for teammates. He should be a very exiting player to watch progress moving forward!

WHL Rights: Edmonton Oil Kings
WHL US Draft: Kamloops Blazers (2022, R1, #18 Overall)

Last edited:
Reactions: clevelandcane

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Edmonton may be a bit of a draw but hope he sticks with the USNTDP next season. I think he’s a lock. He’s far outpacing other 2007’s on the MSM 15U team who are pretty highly regarded in their own right (Dennis, Murtagh) and he’s not far off Hagens’ pace with the same team last year. He looks to be one of the highest end 07 Americans thus far after Mooney of course.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Edmonton may be a bit of a draw but hope he sticks with the USNTDP next season. I think he’s a lock. He’s far outpacing other 2007’s on the MSM 15U team who are pretty highly regarded in their own right (Dennis, Murtagh) and he’s not far off Hagens’ pace with the same team last year. He looks to be one of the highest end 07 Americans thus far after Mooney of course.
It’s definitely a long shot he ever reports.

This is Kamloops stocking up as many picks as possible before they spend those assets the next coming weeks given they host the memorial cup.

If he does show up in Edmonton though - they got an uber talented forward for penny’s on the dollar.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022

Made the team per the article (behind a paywall but you can see the players that made it based off the tags at the bottom of the article)

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Commits to BU, which makes little sense as he is not eligible to commit until August 1.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Commits to BU, which makes little sense as he is not eligible to commit until August 1.
They way I've understood it is it's not that he can't commit, players can say they're going to a school whenever but the kicker is BU isn't allowed to even offer him a scholarship until August 1st. They're not even supposed to discuss what the potential offer would be. So it's more along the lines he's saying he's committed to BU no matter what the offer is, even if they don't provide a scholarship which is BS

Smells like a NCAA investigation to me. I bet a lot of college coaches are really pissed about this, rightfully so

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Can’t he revoke his commitment if he doesn’t like the offer tho?
Sure he could but this whole thing is weird. He's the 1st player that I know of who's committed before August 1st since they put in the new recruiting rules. He's a great player, and deserve it no doubt, don't get me wrong but the timing is just bizarre. Feels like BU is really poking the bear with this one

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Sure he could but this whole thing is weird. He's the 1st player that I know of who's committed before August 1st since they put in the new recruiting rules. He's a great player, and deserve it no doubt, don't get me wrong but the timing is just bizarre. Feels like BU is really poking the bear with this one
William Belle has already commited also, he’s an ‘07.

I believe Belle advanced his studies in order to commit, as of Fondrk, i don’t know if he plans on advancing his studies? Anyone have any more info?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
William Belle has already commited also, he’s an ‘07.

I believe Belle advanced his studies in order to commit, as of Fondrk, i don’t know if he plans on advancing his studies? Anyone have any more info?
Belle accelerated so his commitment made sense but who knows, maybe Fondrk did too. I'm from the area and haven't heard a peep of him accelerating like I have with some other players

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
'07s were able to be contacted on Jan. 1 and aren't supposed to announce a commitment until Aug. 1. Several postings earlier this year had him a solid lean to BU and that he was wearing a BU hat. I suspect that he let his intentions be known to Youth Hockey Hub which tweeted it out. But Fondrk himself hasn't tweeted a public comment. Or perhaps he wanted to be first out the door.

Correction: He did announce on Instagram, but not on Twitter. Seems he did want to be first out the door.

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It's still a bad look for BU. Should have told him to wait until Aug. 1.

chi1999

Jul 13, 2023
It's still a bad look for BU. Should have told him to wait until Aug. 1.
I’m guessing he did an accelerated schooling. I don’t think the coaches would allow him to post that, if they never officially offered him. Even if they never officially offered, I don’t think he rebelled and would post that. These kids aren’t idiots with this like a football player, and I’m sure the coaches would not let this fly.

Strange? Yes. But im sure he’s eligible to receive an offer because these coaches would not want anything to raise eyebrows (if something was done outside the lines)

chi1999

Jul 13, 2023
Also, many recruits, especially high profile ones, have advisors. This kid definitely got the OK to commit.

If he didn’t, everyone from BU to Fondrk are idiots for not following basic rules if he did not have eligible requirements.

These questions wouldn’t be asked if he waited a couple weeks. I’m assuming he’s eligible because why not commit earlier?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Could have just jumped the gun. Kids are dumb and don’t necessarily understand the rules, and that the teams talking to them, technically aren’t supposed to be talking to them.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’m guessing he did an accelerated schooling. I don’t think the coaches would allow him to post that, if they never officially offered him. Even if they never officially offered, I don’t think he rebelled and would post that. These kids aren’t idiots with this like a football player, and I’m sure the coaches would not let this fly.

Strange? Yes. But im sure he’s eligible to receive an offer because these coaches would not want anything to raise eyebrows (if something was done outside the lines)

What?

Hockey players are just as stupid as any other generic athlete from any other sport.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He did accelerate. So that means he's a 12th grader this year, and planning to leave the NTDP after this season. It's still weird cuz he'll need to do the buyout.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
What?

Hockey players are just as stupid as any other generic athlete from any other sport.
Ya this is just not true. Obviously hockey players come from higher income families in better school districts blah blah blah but if you define "stupidity" based on things like IQ, test scores, and whatever the hockey players will skew higher than basketball and football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad