F Cole Caufield - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2019, 15th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

canada22

Jun 26, 2019
Yeah, so Miller (NTDP product) who had a fantastic freshman season. Who is coming back to Wisco. Along with Kalynuk who is a good D prospect as well. I expect Wisconsin to be very good next year.
Have fun with those aspirations. I expect Wisconsin to be an unranked team once again. Two good d men won't bring them to the tourney... a full team of players who play well together will.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
He's gonna have a tough time at wisco. They will be the smallest team in the ncaa up front and its not even close. they stank this year and they will again next year. I wouldnt be surprised if he or turcotte moved to major juniors after a so-so frehsman year. Just like we saw a few ntdp guys do this year.

This might be the most clueless comment i've read on here, and that's saying something. I'm from Minnesota and every gopher fan I talk to is scared crapless of Wisconsin this year and next... Aside from having Turcotte, Caufield and Lindmark coming up front this year, they also have Dylan Holloway who might be better than any of them... also have a transfer from Harvard that I'm hearing from scouts is going to be a good player for them right off the bat. There is zero chance Turcotte plays in the OHL.... AS far as being the smallest team in the NCAA?!?! no clue where you are getting that from.... they are no smaller than any other team as it sits right now.... Also BC has traditionally been one of the smaller teams the last 10 years..... I think they have 3 Titles or something....

Reactions: FlyguyOX and jfhabs

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
CC will be either or. He's either going to light up the NHL because he will fight through the pain of his size......and nobody should underrate how hard they will play him is he starts lighting it up. OR hes' going to be a future KHL star. See Crosby.

I wanted Krebs because I think Krebs is a sure fore NHLer in the Danault mold. Possible a real good second line center.

So this is the real swing for the fences with a real POTENTIAL for a
40 goal sniper....or not.

canada22

Jun 26, 2019
This might be the most clueless comment i've read on here, and that's saying something. I'm from Minnesota and every gopher fan I talk to is scared crapless of Wisconsin this year and next... Aside from having Turcotte, Caufield and Lindmark coming up front this year, they also have Dylan Holloway who might be better than any of them... also have a transfer from Harvard that I'm hearing from scouts is going to be a good player for them right off the bat. There is zero chance Turcotte plays in the OHL.... AS far as being the smallest team in the NCAA?!?! no clue where you are getting that from.... they are no smaller than any other team as it sits right now.... Also BC has traditionally been one of the smaller teams the last 10 years..... I think they have 3 Titles or something....
I pity any hockey fan that’s scared of a sub 500 team

canada22

Jun 26, 2019
Yeah, I mean it's not like UMass Amherst went from a .462 team to a .756 team in one season, basically on the back of 1 guy or anything.
No you’re right. I can’t wait to see Wisconsin win the national championship with an incoming group of majority 2001/2000 (18-19) born players. Ask BU/BC how it worked out for them this year...

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Just read the last page hoping to get some thoughts on CC. I wont go back further lol. Wrong place I guess.
Carry on.

There are some videos and discussion of his performance in the Habs’ dev. camp thread.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
I pity any hockey fan that’s scared of a sub 500 team

This years team is not last years team, rosters change significantly in college hockey due to graduation and early departures. A team that misses one year can be a title contender the next.. it happens all the time.... watch more college hockey!

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018

Well, from what I've seen thus far at development camp and from the interviews by caufield and bergevin, Wisconsin shouldnt hold their breath.

If he keeps playing the way he's been the last couple days, he'll be signed this year and get a chance in camp and won't go to Wisconsin. His play is up there with Poehling thus far, the kid seems willing to take that risk and Bergevin seems to open the door a bit wider every single day.

canada22

Jun 26, 2019
BU didn't go from average to the National title game with Jack Eichel either..... Its comical how clueless a lot of people north of the border are about college hockey and how it works.....
If you think caufield and Turcotte are gonna put up anything close to 70 points next year I am concerned for your well being. If you think they are physically able to dominate the way Eichel did.... good luck with that. Just look at how the 2000 born ntdp guys did in college this year. Best guy was farabee with just under a ppg. That should tell you something. Not one guy from that program dominated in college last year. We shall wait and see how the 01s do this season.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you think caufield and Turcotte are gonna put up anything close to 70 points next year I am concerned for your well being. If you think they are physically able to dominate the way Eichel did.... good luck with that. Just look at how the 2000 born ntdp guys did in college this year. Best guy was farabee with just under a ppg. That should tell you something. Not one guy from that program dominated in college last year. We shall wait and see how the 01s do this season.

The 2000 born players weren't as good. They also weren't as bad as some people state.

Farabee is not an elite scoring talent. Scoring much more on a terrible team would be unrealistic. He had a good season. Miller also had a good season. Samuelsson had a good season. Looking at his scoring totals makes no sense, as he's not a big scorer. Wise was injured. Wahlstrom was the only one that struggled.

The rest aren't more than average prospects.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Well, from what I've seen thus far at development camp and from the interviews by caufield and bergevin, Wisconsin shouldnt hold their breath.

If he keeps playing the way he's been the last couple days, he'll be signed this year and get a chance in camp and won't go to Wisconsin. His play is up there with Poehling thus far, the kid seems willing to take that risk and Bergevin seems to open the door a bit wider every single day.

LMAO! Its a development camp.....

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
The 2000 born players weren't as good. They also weren't as bad as some people state.

Farabee is not an elite scoring talent. Scoring much more on a terrible team would be unrealistic. He had a good season. Miller also had a good season. Samuelsson had a good season. Looking at his scoring totals makes no sense, as he's not a big scorer. Wise was injured. Wahlstrom was the only one that struggled.

so your saying that 70 points is realistic what are you saying ?

Reactions: canada22

canada22

Jun 26, 2019

You literally just proved my point calling BU a terrible team. Same thing with Wisconsin with all these young prospects coming in as 18 year olds. They won’t be able to compete as well as some of the older and more experienced teams. The young incoming freshmen simply don’t have enough talent to make their team into championship teams in year 1. Give it 2-3 years with those players in the same program and it’s a way different story.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
You literally just proved my point calling BU a terrible team. Same thing with Wisconsin with all these young prospects coming in as 18 year olds. They won’t be able to compete as well as some of the older and more experienced teams. The young incoming freshmen simply don’t have enough talent to make their team into championship teams in year 1. Give it 2-3 years with those players in the same program and it’s a way different story.

No program keeps their 1st round draft picks for 3 years anymore! lucky if you get a 2nd round pick for that long. UMD might be the only exception to that rule recently with Tufte and Samberg....

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Caufield, Turcotte and the boys hardly looked out of place when facing much older college players this season. Don’t be surprised if they do very well stats wise together, but I do agree that they will probably be a average team because of depth.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018

Clueless Comments that don't age well......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad