F Cole Bumgarner - Minnesota Blades 15U AAA, 15U AAA (2026 Draft)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Apparently, rumors on Twitter were saying that he wasn't invited to NTDP Evaluation Camp because of the drama surrounding him (big reason why he's played for so many teams). What I like to call "Coach Dad" syndrome, where the father is far too involved/overinvested and creates a headache for every coach his son plays for.

Tendering with Fargo is solid because they've become a good organization in the USHL and it is relatively close to home. Wonder who he leans towards in the NCAA when we get to committing season in August.
I noticed his dad was very active in posting highlights of him, I think he ran his son's social media account which is now private. Surprised they would turn the NTDP off unless there's more to it. I'd guess the multiple school transfers probably played more of a part than an overactive father.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I noticed his dad was very active in posting highlights of him, I think he ran his son's social media account which is now private. Surprised they would turn the NTDP off unless there's more to it. I'd guess the multiple school transfers probably played more of a part than an overactive father.
A lot of the people on one of the Gophers Hockey forums who are connected with the Minnesota hockey scene said that Bumgarner was a bubble candidate for the NTDP, so the family/dad drama made it an easier decision to not invite. So it wasn't that he was a guarantee lock for the NTDP, according to them

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It's not like his production in HS or at the YOG were super impressive this year so he very well could have been on the bubble.

I don't think Eades would let his dad interfere, so two years at Fargo will be a great experience.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really interested to see how he does in his rookie season in Fargo. Swanson killed it as a 16 year old, Fleece struggled as a 16 year old.
Maybe somewhere in-between. Swanson wasn’t like a shot in the dark. He wasn’t a bigger name because of his size. He was an elite level performer against junior competition for that age group both years. If he had Baumgarner’s size, he would’ve been a no-doubt NTDP selection. Baumgarner had some other things that kept him from making it, but if he was the level of scorer in junior Swanson is he would’ve made it anyway.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It's not like his production in HS or at the YOG were super impressive this year so he very well could have been on the bubble.

I don't think Eades would let his dad interfere, so two years at Fargo will be a great experience.
Do you think Bumgarner ends up at Minnesota or more likely he goes to North Dakota, Wisconsin, Denver, etc?

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

Anyone have any information at all about this kid? He is playing and producing as a 2008 born player in a u15 league. Maybe a kid to watch.
My son has played against him. He’s big . . . and very skilled.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Parody account making jokes about the kid because he has a helicopter dad. Guessing Bumgarner won't be transferring unless he fails hard at UND
He was more dominant when he was younger and towered over other ‘08’s. But kids have caught up to him size-wise. Still a good player, however.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched two games of the Select team, and he was completely invisible one of them and good the other. He was so invisible against Slovakia I was wondering if he got injured or something. Maybe he did. I rarely noticed him. But good against Germany, which I'm not sure is some big accomplishment, but it's better than being bad in that game.

His skating is sluggish and he's not like 6'4 or something, so you can't say it's due to his size. He has above-above size for a player his age, but not that much more than that. He's not some giant, so the skating will need to improve. But good hands, gets in good scoring spots in the offensive zone, and a decent defensive player.

He can always be one of those players that has potential yet somehow doesn't get drafted, and I'm not sure the reputation he's gotten will help his draft chances, but he looks like a clear draftable player for 2026 if he shows some expected strides with his skating. Potentially middle rounds, maybe as early as round 2.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I watched two games of the Select team, and he was completely invisible one of them and good the other. He was so invisible against Slovakia I was wondering if he got injured or something. Maybe he did. I rarely noticed him. But good against Germany, which I'm not sure is some big accomplishment, but it's better than being bad in that game.

His skating is sluggish and he's not like 6'4 or something, so you can't say it's due to his size. He has above-above size for a player his age, but not that much more than that. He's not some giant, so the skating will need to improve. But good hands, gets in good scoring spots in the offensive zone, and a decent defensive player.

He can always be one of those players that has potential yet somehow doesn't get drafted, and I'm not sure the reputation he's gotten will help his draft chances, but he looks like a clear draftable player for 2026 if he shows some expected strides with his skating. Potentially middle rounds, maybe as early as round 2.
It all depends on how good he does in Fargo. Hopefully some stability there can wash away some of the drama from the past 3+ years in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00