F Clarke Caswell - Brandon Wheat Kings U18 AAA, MU18HL (2024, 141st, SEA)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Saw this player listed as a notable 2024 prospect, can someone tell me more about him?

Clarke Caswell at eliteprospects.com
Of course.

I would describe him as more of a playmaker. He is excellent at anticipating play in the offensive zone. He has very good hockey IQ - one of the best in his age group In my opinion. He is one of those players that may not be the best of skaters, the best shooter, or the biggest but he always finds a way to contribute because of how he sees the ice. Very promising player indeed.

• Love
Reactions: MMC

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of course.

I would describe him as more of a playmaker. He is excellent at anticipating play in the offensive zone. He has very good hockey IQ - one of the best in his age group In my opinion. He is one of those players that may not be the best of skaters, the best shooter, or the biggest but he always finds a way to contribute because of how he sees the ice. Very promising player indeed.
Good description. He's very gritty. He might not be a terrific skater, but he plays quick. His feet are always moving. He's good defensively. He seems to have an impact on most shifts.

There are obstacles for him being 5'10, not the best skater, not the most skilled, but could certainly see him being a second round pick. Sometimes a team will really like this type of player and he can sneak into the late first round.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Finally had time to watch a Broncos game and I'm impressed by Caswell. Very good defensively. Coach trusts him to be on the penalty kill as well as being put on the ice in the final minutes in short handed situations. Wears an "A", which is always a good sign for a 17 year old.

Ended up with 1G,, 1A.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Finally had time to watch a Broncos game and I'm impressed by Caswell. Very good defensively. Coach trusts him to be on the penalty kill as well as being put on the ice in the final minutes in short handed situations. Wears an "A", which is always a good sign for a 17 year old.

Ended up with 1G,, 1A.
A smaller Mark Stone?

But I hate player comps it just came to mind.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I hate player comp also unless it REALLY reminds me of somebody.

I don't see Mark Stone. Stone used his physicality way more and Caswell is much faster than Stone.
Yes we are both right player comps don't work that well and I was thinking perhaps in term of their impact in 2 way play for their careers and that's with projection for Caswell.

Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad