F Cameron Schmidt - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2025 Draft)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Guy is so dynamic. If he slides to the second teams are clueless. I get the smaller guys with questionable skating sliding, because they rarely translate. But this kid has absolute jets.
Exactly and while I don't like making the comparison but comps are just plain bad most of the time, watching Schmidt as a Vancouver fan reminded me of how Bure played.

Schmidt just has jets and his hands and head can keep up with his feet but he is very slight and under 160 lbs so time will tell.

Reactions: Habs7631

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
With all the picks the Habs have in the upcoming draft, if he has a great season but falls because of his size I hope they take a flyer on him like they did with Hutson.

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
it will be interesting with him and Benak ( ushl youngstown), mooney - all around 5’8 for the draft . i’m guessing one of them goes late first - other two in second round . Schmidt goes first .

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Schmidt is a small forward, but it doesn’t hinder his game that much. He definitely gets out-muscled at times and isn’t great along the boards because of his size. But, I don’t think height would be a good reason to not draft him.

Cameron Schmidt is probably one of the most skilled forwards in this draft. In the offensive zone he is a constant threat. His pace of play in the offensive zone is intense and he has the ability to score every shift because of the chances he is able to create. He is extremely difficult for defenders to stop because his speed and positioning in the offensive zone are elite. It times, it’s like he’s just magically appears in the right position because he is so elusive. He has an excellent shot and could lead the WHL in goals this year with his skillset.

Schmidt definitely has some junior league tendencies in his game. He is not always the best at utilizing his teammates. Too often, he will attempt to charge down the slot and take on several opposing defenders at once and he is very much a shoot-first player. If he can learn to utilize his playmaking ability, he could be an elite player.

I think Schmidt is a top 20 talent for sure and could rise. I don’t think it’s likely a team will pick him that high, but he’d be a player I’d be excited to get.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
3A last night brining him to 18 points in 10 games (11 goals). Sounds like he’ll be without linemates and fellow draft eligible player Aaron Obobaifo due to injury which is too bad as they showed excellent chemistry together. However, it doesn’t seem to matter who Schmidt is with, he just produces.

TheAppleCorps

Jul 8, 2024
So far the most terrifying player I've seen in the WHL this year. Looks absolutely unstoppable at times. Last time I felt something bad was going to happen for the opposition every time a a draft-eligible player had the puck was Seth Jarvis.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad