Value of: F - Brendan Perlini, UFA

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Wouldn't have bothered since he is now 28.

But I didn't realize he played over 253 NHL games.

As a former first round pick does anyone offer him a PTO camp invitation or has that ship sailed?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He might be a mid season signing for a team that has a few injuries and they don't like what they have in the prospect ranks at that time.

SImilar to the Penguins and Puljujarvi last year.

Reactions: DaveG

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

As a former first round pick does anyone offer him a PTO camp invitation or has that ship sailed?
Some team might bring him in on a PTO to enable them to dress the required "NHL" players for pre-season games.

But, he'd either only sign with a team that would sign him if he played well, or sign somewhere that offers a chance for him to showcase himself.

But, I don't think he's going to get much. I mean, other 2014 picks that are just out there now are Virtanen, Ritchie who are overseas now. Probably ends up following them there too.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
How about value of no thanks.

The dude has a good attitude and seems like a good guy, but he always seemed a step behind the play the last few years I saw him in the NHL. OK hands but brains and feet not fast enough to keep him in the bigs.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Brendan Perlini played on a AHL professional tryout contract with the Charlotte Checkers last season.

If Perlini garners any interest, it would be on another AHL professional tryout contract.

Reactions: Chainshot

archangel2

May 19, 2019

???????

You do realize he has spent the last two seasons in the AHL? and suffered many injuries

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
How about value of no thanks.

The dude has a good attitude and seems like a good guy, but he always seemed a step behind the play the last few years I saw him in the NHL. OK hands but brains and feet not fast enough to keep him in the bigs.
Pretty much this and doesn't have the skillset to be either a top 6 guy nor a bottom 6 guys a tweener that is worse than his stats in the aHL would indicate for the NHL.

Lots of these types of players out there.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Pretty much this and doesn't have the skillset to be either a top 6 guy nor a bottom 6 guys a tweener that is worse than his stats in the aHL would indicate for the NHL.

Lots of these types of players out there.
2 straight years in the A and spending more time on the IR then on the roster? He is no longer a tweener

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2 straight years in the A and spending more time on the IR then on the roster? He is no longer a tweener
You are right but I was talking about him in general and why his NHL career didn't really happen.

Lots of guys look good and can out up points but being a top 6 NHL is really hard and most guys like Perlini have 1 or 2 big things going against them be it consistency, effort, IQ, skating ect that won't seem as apparent in lower leagues but is critical in the NHL.

Also most of those guys simply can't or won't transition to being good bottom 6 guys for the same reasons.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He seems like a good guy. He also said he was a pro from 2016-2022 himself, so that really says all you need to know IMO. Wish him a great retirement.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Put him on the bench behind Leon in Edmonton in case future playoff disappointments continue to weigh him down. Having the right mindset can make a huge difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00