F Brendan McMorrow - USNTDP, USHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very good defensive forward that has speed and some skill. Don't think he'll ever be a huge scorer, but he can provide some secondary scoring, and he's a gritty two-way forward. Doesn't struggle in any part of the game. He's not too dissimilar to his teammate Pardue, but McMorrow is probably a little better defensively and he's listed at an inch taller, while Pardue is a slightly better skater. Pardue is right-handed, and McMorrow left-handed. I think McMorrow looks like he could end up a center, but he's playing winger right now. I'd project as of now he's a round 2-4 player for 2024, but that can change so far away from the draft.

Committed to play at Denver.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Really liked his game - without a doubt has limited upside in the NHL but I think he’ll be an NHLer in some capacity.

Love players like him that give their all shift in and out - if you can develop some better skills, these guy’s they’ll make the show and be good PKers which are always valuable.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I saw McMorrow for the first time last night. I liked his game. I think the OP nailed it. Good skater. Plays hard at both ends. He's a kid I was unfamiliar with but I definitely noticed him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He hasn't progressed that much in the last year. Still the same very good skating and motor. Good defensive player. Has some skill, but not consistent enough to have top 6 NHL potential. I think you hope for a good bottom 6 player, but he may not think the game well enough for that. I think round 4 sounds about right for him.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I've liked his game since the 5 nations tourney. The speed and motor are always apparent, but he's being making plays the past few games. Doesn't necessarily have plus offensive skill, but there are times where he looks great. I could see him breaking into the league as a 4th line/pk guy and slowly adding offense to where he peaks around 40 points.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was 13F yesterday. Not the best sign. Coaching staff evidently preferring how Pardue is playing to him. Could be 14F if Vansaghi ever returns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad