F Braeden Cootes - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2025 Draft)

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Not only that but the criteria for this list is that 3/10 scouts had to have a player ranked top 16 to make the cut.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Right now I'd have him as more a 2nd heading into the year as he needs to grow his offense to justify a 1st for me but he's a old school 200ft hard to play against player. A high floor but not super high ceiling based off last year. Good bet to be a nhler the question is if it'll only be as a bottom 6 guy or if he can develop his offense to maybe end up a 2nd liner in the NHL. We'll see how he does this year as lots of players make big jumps from their draft -1 to draft year. Promising player though

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
You love seeing this. He literally won the puck after batting four players!

That type of motor and drive to get the puck is one of my absolute favor traits in young hockey players.
I think it's the least teachable attribute. Either you're comfortable battling for pucks, or you're not. That type of player translates well to the NHL, where soft play will be punished. Guys like Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, or Brady Martin, or Cootes, have that instinctive will to fight for pucks. It's great to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad