F Benjamin Kevan - Los Angeles Jr. Kings 15U AAA, 15U AAA (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
Underwhelming showing. It doesn't appear he's taken much of a step forward from his D-1.
he’s elite skater - don’t take too much on this tourny - teams has 1 week practice and usa in general was a weak squad - if he improves from last year great ushl season nobody cares about this summer event - i hear from scouts this summer tourny - pickup games is getting less important with draft status or means zero

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
he’s elite skater - don’t take too much on this tourny - teams has 1 week practice and usa in general was a weak squad - if he improves from last year great ushl season nobody cares about this summer event - i hear from scouts this summer tourny - pickup games is getting less important with draft status or means zero
I've seen him play quite a bit last year so my expectations were fairly high. Maybe not quite a Connelly-esque Hlinka showing, but I expected him to be the best forward on the team by a margin and he was not that. This team USA was better than last year.

I wouldn't classify him as an elite skater. He likes to stretch the zone, but doesn't have high end speed or jump to break a game open.

Ultimately though I agree, Hlinka doesn't mean too much and won't care if he has a great season. Initial draft year results aren't great though.

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
i don’t think he’s even close to connely - who dominated natty camp up this - he was above average at amhearst camp - same at tryout camp - i see him at best second - fifth round pick - needs johnny mustard year in ushl - but he should made ntdp team - he’s better than half their forwards

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was one of the worst forward cores for a US Hlinka team in the last five years, so he really had almost no help. There were some instances on the PP where Kevan and Simpson would connect and they had a few shifts throughout the tournament together, but otherwise Kevan was playing catch with no one and the other team would swarm him every shift because they knew he was the danger man on his line.

He's not a play driver. He's a complimentary player, if it works out for him. The level is low, so he could've still done more to drive play against a lot of players who won't be pro hockey players, but I think asking him to drive play isn't his game.

Reactions: jtechkid

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I disagree with the negativity here. Outside of the Canadian players, he was one of the most fun players to watch in the whole tournament. Love the skill/motor combo on this kid. He gets himself and/or the puck to high danger areas with relentless consistency. I’m a big fan of those kinds of players.

I get that and I agree with it. I don't see him needing to go to BC or Michigan. There are a lot of good second tier programs better than ASU that would love to have him.

While a top tier program, I'm kind of surprised Denver wasn't able to pull him given their storied history, proximity to California, and successful history recruiting Cali kids.
Josh Doan is progressing pretty well. ;)

Many storied programs have humble beginnings. And progress always has to start somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad