F Anton Frondell - Djurgårdens IF U16, U16 Div.1 (2025 Draft)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Ouch, after watching the replay I think we can pretty safely say his season is over. Looked very bad. Hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hoping it’s not to serious. He’s emerging as Hagens’ only real challenger

LetsGoFlyers12

Jan 19, 2017
Flyers fan just starting to follow the 2025 draft group. How does he compare to Carlsson at the same age? This guy is getting a lot of love and Carlsson has been the best Swede I've seen in a good while (probably since Pettersson at least)

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
He looks pretty tall in some of the videos but according to EP he only has 183cm? Outdated info?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
He looks pretty tall in some of the videos but according to EP he only has 183cm? Outdated info?
These kids have not been measured in a long time. We should see new height/weight come Ivan Hlinka I hope.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Put together a shift by shift from early February in the J20 league

first viewing of the player, was a fun game to watch! good, structured hockey. Lots of great passing.
  • First thing that sticks out is Frondell has a high motor combined with a long, powerful, yet not slow stride that gets him around the ice very well. He is active on the puck, active in his D responsibilities, active in puck support, very much around the play and tuned in. Liked to see that.
  • They seemed to line him up all over the ice, there were shifts he looked like he was playing C in the DZ, mostly RW, but a handful of shifts he was LW. He looked comfortable in all those positions.
  • Most decisions he made on or off the puck seemed to me to be good decisions. Carrying aggressively through the neutral zone when he should, smart chips up the board or headman passes to teammates for the breakout, work on the cycle, powerplay passes or manipulating space and defenders with his head up. Led to one goal.
  • Hard to really tell how high level of play J20 is except to say it was smart hockey and Frondell stood out for playing very well in the system and driving the system. Seemed to move and play like a pro and stood out for size/speed despite only being listed at 6'0", I guess.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Listed at 6'0", but he looks 6'1"/6'2" on tape. Must have grown an inch or two since measurement.

Ryabkin is also listed as 6'0" and looks like it on the ice.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Listed at 6'0", but he looks 6'1"/6'2" on tape. Must have grown an inch or two since measurement.

Ryabkin is also listed as 6'0" and looks like it on the ice.
Blame the imperial system, look at how tall they are in cm instead, there's been players getting rounded up and rounded down in inches to the point where they have around 5cm between them but are listed at the same height in imperial.

But as mentioned above; Frondell has been filling out his frame, which helps him look big.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad