F Adam Novotný - Mountfield HK, Czechia (Draft 2026)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
EP is always behind with this even now with Maddox Dagenais and Keaton Verhoeff as 2 more obvious "omissions".

Not sure EP works but I'm sure all 3 will be on soon.
I seriously suspect that the nationality of the players also plays a role in this:laugh:

Reactions: czech

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I doubt it frankly.
There is no reason. There used to be a time when Czech hockey was at its peak, when Czech players were drafted just because of their nationality. They weren't better than the competition, but they were Czechs. I read interviews with several Czech hockey agents about it. Now, Czech hockey is still undervalued, so players of other nationalities are probably drafted, even if they are not better.

Reactions: Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There is no reason. There used to be a time when Czech hockey was at its peak, when Czech players were drafted just because of their nationality. They weren't better than the competition, but they were Czechs. I read interviews with several Czech hockey agents about it. Now, Czech hockey is still undervalued, so players of other nationalities are probably drafted, even if they are not better.
Now you sound like one of those minority Finnish guy already.....

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Now you sound like one of those minority Finnish guy already.....
Apparently there is no problem. It's just probably "lost in translation". And then, thanks to the translator, I think there is some problem in communication. Unfortunately, I am from the generation that still learned russian at school..
:help::D

• Haha
Reactions: Wooren and wetcoast

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I seriously suspect that the nationality of the players also plays a role in this:laugh:
EP is a swedish site, there is a bias towards their players. Don't think any other nation is treated differently though. Although it has gotten better, I wouldn't lose any sleep on whether a player is listed on the page. I remember when some draft class had like 4 Estonians listed few years ago... :huh:

Personally I would still be a bit reluctant to list Novotny as a top prospect, but he is on his way. If anybody, it's Katolicky that deserves the bump in my opinion.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
EP is a swedish site, there is a bias towards their players. Don't think any other nation is treated differently though. Although it has gotten better, I wouldn't lose any sleep on whether a player is listed on the page. I remember when some draft class had like 4 Estonians listed few years ago... :huh:

Personally I would still be a bit reluctant to list Novotny as a top prospect, but he is on his way. If anybody, it's Katolicky that deserves the bump in my opinion.
I honestly think that after his performance at HGC, he already deserves that designation. But then again, it's true that any label doesn't define his career right now..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad