F Adam Benák - Youngstown Phantoms, USHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It's true... I've hoonestly accepted now (especially after Galvas) that Benak is not going in round 1 despite my own views about it (eg. I think he's elite).

With Galvas, he was a D man and there are not many under 6 feet. I think the 3 best D in the league are under 6 feet though.. unless I'm wrong Makar, Hughes and Fox are all 5'11? However, they are sublime and exceptional and I'm not sure Galvas has that high a ceiling.

With Benak, there is some precedence for very good NHL players under 6 feet tall.. here is a list of some (note: I'm not a huge hockeywriters fan)

I do think he has the ability to join players like this but it won't be easy. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and he goes round 1.
I honestly think late 1st round is kinda safe for Benak. He is too much of a better player then most of his peers to simply not be in round 1 just because physical parameters. If he has a good season in USHL and good WJC he can rise even further up.

Also agree with Moms that Galvas will make NHL one day. And even if not he will be a great NT defender f***ing NHL stars over lol.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I honestly think late 1st round is kinda safe for Benak. He is too much of a better player then most of his peers to simply not be in round 1 just because physical parameters. If he has a good season in USHL and good WJC he can rise even further up.

Also agree with Moms that Galvas will make NHL one day. And even if not he will be a great NT defender f***ing NHL stars over lol.
Nothing would give me greater joy!

Our euro contingent is getting stronger and stronger... Pekar is another one to watch this season (former Sabres pick). I think Rysavy too!

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
NOT TOO SHABBY SO FAR LOL!
Bez názvu.png

Last edited:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Some of you are acting like going 2-3rd round is a death sentence. If he falls its because of his size, but he will still get a chance to fight for nhl spot. If he is really that good he will be fine no matter the draft position.

Reactions: wetcoast

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Some of you are acting like going 2-3rd round is a death sentence. If he falls its because of his size, but he will still get a chance to fight for nhl spot. If he is really that good he will be fine no matter the draft position.
100% But us Czech fans don't get much 'first round talent' so it's funny that he is very likely not a first rounder despite clearly being the best player on the ice for the NT at the last 2 Hlinka's on teams that went deep. Our tall guys don't have skill and our skill guys don't have size.lol

But to your point... Vrana went before Pasta. Palat was a 7th rounder. Kubalik was too. Hajek went before Hronek. Meanwhile, Zadina, Zboril and Kaut were first rounders.lol

The Czech posters are in Galvas shock.lol Not because we thought he'd go round 1, because we thought he'd easily be drafted.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
So he should have 9 points in 3 preseason games in total.Another 3 assists today against NTDP.

Dominant performance from Benák, best player on the ice pretty much every shift.

Some of his plays:

These numbers are obviously unsustainable long term and it's only preseason. However i think it's not unlikely he'll push 80+points if he remains healthy and Youngstown has a good year.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So he should have 9 points in 3 preseason games in total.Another 3 assists today against NTDP.

Dominant performance from Benák, best player on the ice pretty much every shift.

Some of his plays:

These numbers are obviously unsustainable long term and it's only preseason. However i think it's not unlikely he'll push 80+points if he remains healthy and Youngstown has a good year.

My understanding is that Youngstown has a strong team (I don't follow USHL) so it's even more impressive to stand out like this.

But

Preseason means nothing.

Encouraging though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad