F Adam Benák - Plzeň, Czechia (2025 Draft)

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
18 games in the Czech league last year: did he sign a pro contract or was he just playing as an affiliate player while under a junior contract/agreement? Just wondering if he's still NCAA eligible or not.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
18 games in the Czech league last year: did he sign a pro contract or was he just playing as an affiliate player while under a junior contract/agreement? Just wondering if he's still NCAA eligible or not.

If he's NCAA eligible it's another proof that these rules are rubbish. A player who gets into one CHL preseason game is usually ineligible.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
If he's NCAA eligible it's another proof that these rules are rubbish. A player who gets into one CHL preseason game is usually ineligible.
Willander played in some SHL games, but he had never signed a pro deal, just played pro as an affiliate player. So as long as he isn't getting paid, that's how he stayed NCAA eligible..

But yeah the NCAA rules are so weird

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Good for Benák, I think USHL will suit him. His offensive game should really flourish. He had to play very strict and responsible game as a center this year in CZE Extraliga, and he did so very well. He was extremely disciplined in his routes and two-way habits - nice vid from Jack Han about Adam's defensive skating. Naturally, that (and fatigue from playing on a struggling team in a gritty men's league) took away some of his offensive prowess and I think it impacted him even when he was sent down to the Czech U20. But even then he showed some really good stuff in those 18 Extraliga games and could have been a 0.5 ppg player with some puck luck and finish from his teammates. The mix of motor, talent and effort level is something special IMO.

Some of his best plays that I've saved:

I hope he has a great year in the US and gets drafted somewhat high, though I have zero expectations after what happened to Tomas Galvas:help:. Benák is even shorter (still can grow) but fortunately not that tiny in terms of build. He's got pretty strong legs and low center of gravity, which helps him to stay of his feet in board battles (although he was obviously pushed around a lot against men). Looking forward to what he can do with the Phantoms.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad