GDT: Exhibition game - Slovakia Vs Czech Republic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Very tough to predict how this will end. Some players did not play single game due to covid this season, others have only few starts. But all teams have the same troubles so I am very curious how it will work out. Czech team is better on paper for sure.
I will add also my tip for final score:
4:2 for Czechs, scorers for Slovakia Chromiak and Knazko,

I like the WJC tournament at most, can't wait for it.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Thanks for the list of the Slovak players to watch, I don't know much about this team Slovakia. Are they expected to be better than the last year. The last year's team seemed to work not very well together, they lacked some enthusiasm. Hopefully this year they are going to play with more excitement.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Thanks for the list of the Slovak players to watch, I don't know much about this team Slovakia. Are they expected to be better than the last year. The last year's team seemed to work not very well together, they lacked some enthusiasm. Hopefully this year they are going to play with more excitement.
Actually it seems that more than half of the team will be from the players younger than 2001 (including probably 3 players born in 2004!).
It should be better than last year but still do not expect miracles from this team. And do not forget, these guys got relegated from U18 2 years ago.
Despite that I still think they are better than 2000 born players.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Quite nervous about this game. Wonder how the team is going to perform, as there are a lot of new faces and young players, along with that Cajkovic fiasco.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Actually it seems that more than half of the team will be from the players younger than 2001 (including probably 3 players born in 2004!).
It should be better than last year but still do not expect miracles from this team. And do not forget, these guys got relegated from U18 2 years ago.
Despite that I still think they are better than 2000 born players.
The good thing is there is no relegation this year so the 2004's (especially Slafkovsky) should be back next year and probably the year after as well.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I was hoping for a Big 5 opponent (for both of us) so we can at least see where we're at before entering our respective pools. The irony being that the only games this team has played have been against Slovakia in July.

It'll be a close game for sure. I think it'll be a good game as well.

Players to watch for us are our newly minted captain Jan Mysak, our new starter Malik (still surprised by this one), our 2 young studs on D Svozil and Jiricek, I know nothing about Krutil so I am personally hoping he gets to play and I'm really curious how Novak looks personally since I wanted him on the team last year. Returnees like Pytlik, Has, Kucerik, Klikorka, Kubicek and Raska as well.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not sure if this will be a close game, Czechs have a much better team on paper.
I think it'll be similar to the Swiss/Austria game yesterday. Slovkia always plays great against us.

Honestly I'm just happy to see those ugly jerseys play those beautiful jerseys and have some hockey on TV.

No injuries! I am really hoping Slovakia can finish 3rd or 4th in their pool. I will be watching their 2 games against Germany and Switzerland like they are Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think it'll be similar to the Swiss/Austria game yesterday. Slovkia always plays great against us.

Honestly I'm just happy to see those ugly jerseys play those beautiful jerseys and have some hockey on TV.

No injuries! I am really hoping Slovakia can finish 3rd or 4th in their pool. I will be watching their 2 games against Germany and Switzerland like they are Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals!

I’m expecting this one to be a chippy and physical game.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The Wild will ah e prospects in all games through today; that makes it so much fun. I’m always going to cheer for the team with the Wild prospects. If there’s prospects on both teams, then I’m cheering for the team with the prospect I like the most of the bunch (unless it’s USA, then I’ll cheer for them).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I’m expecting this one to be a chippy and physical game.
You're probably right as some guys are still battling for roster spots but I hope not. Both teams look to be in for a rough 2 weeks and leaving this game injury free would be great. Last year the Czechs lost our 2nd best forward in the first 15 seconds or so!

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'm curious, how popular is the WHJC in Slovakia and the Czech Republic? It's obviously a huge thing in Canada, and it has gained a lot of popularity in Sweden also during the last 15 years. It's probably bigger than the men's World Championship at this point, even among more casual hockey fans.

I wonder, is the tournament broadcasted on national television in Slovakia and Czezh Republic? Is this exhibition game broadcasted? I remember the Slovak's bronze medal in 2015. It'd be a little sad if not many people in Slovakia watched or cared about that game.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I'm curious, how popular is the WHJC in Slovakia and the Czech Republic? It's obviously a huge thing in Canada, and it has gained a lot of popularity in Sweden also during the last 15 years. It's probably bigger than the men's World Championship at this point, even among more casual hockey fans.

I wonder, is the tournament broadcasted on national television in Slovakia and Czezh Republic? Is this exhibition game broadcasted? I remember the Slovak's bronze medal in 2015. It'd be a little sad if not many people in Slovakia watched or cared about that game.
I'd say its fairly popular in Slovakia and Czech rep, but not as men's World Championship. Overall, hockey gets alot of attention.
Slovak TV broadcasts only slovak games and the czech TV has some more games than just their NT. I don't think that an exhibition game has ever been broadcasted in either country.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Team Slovakia with three 16 year-olds. From what I understand and could be corrected, but they are the first 16 year-olds on the team since Marian Gaborik and current Stanley Cup Champion Erik Cernak. They are the most 16 year-olds on a WJCU20 roster since apparently Ukraine had more a long time ago. Very exciting for Slovakia, I think the strong 2004 and 2005 classes is more important than any single result in this tournament. I think that is also important for the sport in a larger sense. Hockey already has too few competitive nations, it is important to see Slovakia fight against the decline.

Reactions: Elvs and hellwar9

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You're probably right as some guys are still battling for roster spots but I hope not. Both teams look to be in for a rough 2 weeks and leaving this game injury free would be great. Last year the Czechs lost our 2nd best forward in the first 15 seconds or so!

Best of luck to you, you’re an Oiler fan and one of the better posters here as well.

Hope Czechia does well. I’m expecting this game to be physical and a battle between neighbouring hockey countries.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Best of luck to you, you’re an Oiler fan and one of the better posters here as well.

Hope Czechia does well. I’m expecting this game to be physical and a battle between neighbouring hockey countries.
Thanks... I'm definitely more excited about the oil chances vs the Czech chances. I'm guessing oil make playoffs and some good strides. Just don't like our left D and backup goalie. Czechs are flat out in trouble for this tourney but I will cheer right to the end as always. We might be the only country with their full roster (no covid, no injuries, no nhl team not allowing you to go) and are nowhere near a contender. Best hope is to sneak in a win against sweden on day one because of their covid issues and no exhibition matches. Very unlikely but I'm calling it plan A. Lol

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Thanks... I'm definitely more excited about the oil chances vs the Czech chances. I'm guessing oil make playoffs and some good strides. Just don't like our left D and backup goalie. Czechs are flat out in trouble for this tourney but I will cheer right to the end as always. We might be the only country with their full roster (no covid, no injuries, no nhl team not allowing you to go) and are nowhere near a contender. Best hope is to sneak in a win against sweden on day one because of their covid issues and no exhibition matches. Very unlikely but I'm calling it plan A. Lol

I expect the Czech team to end up very similar to the last two or three years. That is, maybe one upset win in the group stage, probably a win against Austria, advanced to the QF from the 3rd-4th position, then a no chance QF game and calling it a tournament. I would be more than surprised if they are able to make it to the SF or so. Of course everything can happen, but they just look too average. Maybe they are not about to get smashed like 2-9 or similar in the games because the defensive game of most of the guys including forwards is quite decent, but they just barely have the quality to beat Sweden or Finland, never say US, Russia or Canada. It would really be a sensation.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I expect the Czech team to end up very similar to the last two or three years. That is, maybe one upset win in the group stage, probably a win against Austria, advanced to the QF from the 3rd-4th position, then a no chance QF game and calling it a tournament. I would be more than surprised if they are able to make it to the SF or so. Of course everything can happen, but they just look too average. Maybe they are not about to get smashed like 2-9 or similar in the games because the defensive game of most of the guys including forwards is quite decent, but they just barely have the quality to beat Sweden or Finland, never say US, Russia or Canada. It would really be a sensation.
I just want a quarterfinal win once a decade.. is that too much to ask?lol

Totally agree with everything you said.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I just want a quarterfinal win once a decade.. is that too much to ask?lol

Totally agree with everything you said.

They were in the SF some three years ago, I believe. With Chytil, Zadina, Necas and co. I would love to see them make (at least) the SF once again, but can barely imagine what would need to happen. They would need really stellar goaltending plus exceptional performance from virtually all skaters on the team.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
They were in the SF some three years ago, I believe. With Chytil, Zadina, Necas and co. I would love to see them make (at least) the SF once again, but can barely imagine what would need to happen. They would need really stellar goaltending plus exceptional performance from virtually all skaters on the team.
That was the one in the last decade.lol I may have cried after that QF win!

I'm not greedy. I'm not saying 'gold or nothing'... just give me a Quarter final win. My part of the world will be in lockdown during the Semi and medal games, I have nothing but time to tune in.haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh, and the only way I see it is if all the guys play the D of their lives (and our Top 2 C's are good at 2 way games) and counter attack a goal or two. They really have to buy in and be patient. No 'run and gun' here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad