Evgeni Malkin is leading the league in scoring at 38

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I mentioned in another thread that malkin would turn back time and find the fountain of youth a couple weeks ago

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He was fine last year too, just missed out a crapload of Powerplay production that would've boosted him up.

Penguins PP has actually sucked less so far this year. Geno's scoring is back up where it's always been...just with that added bonus powerplay cushion added back on again.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
38 goals this early in the season must be a record.
That at least would be thread worthy.

Dude has 2 goals, one of which was an empty net goal playing against the defensive powerhouses of Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, and Toronto. The only team that can find its own zone in the Rangers shut the Penguins out.

Every time I visit the main boards, I feel more like an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

Last edited:

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Is it just me or does he look a bit slimmer and faster? Anyone know if he hit the gym hard in the offseason? Certainly looks to have some jump thus far, early going and all.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He's going to fall off. It's not just age, asking him to carry Bunting/Rakell at this stage of his career is asking too much.

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
This thread title.

old-man.gif

Pretty underrated how consistent he's been. Down year last year, probably in for another PPG+ season.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
He's still exciting to watch. The way he poke checks high in the d-zone and then comes flying into the offensive zone is just fun.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

reino

Jul 20, 2019
I wish Prime Crosby and Malkin would have entered in 2024 version of NHL. They have lost over season worth of games due dirty plays that isn't present in todays league.

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
That at least would be thread worthy.

Dude has 2 goals, one of which was an empty net goal playing against the defensive powerhouses of Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, and Toronto. The only team that can find its own zone in the Rangers shut the Penguins out.

Every time I visit the main boards, I feel more like an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.
Reading a tongue-in-cheek HFBoards thread and finding butthurt irrelevant team fans and haters taking it seriously.
200w.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Geno definitely has a pep in his step so far this year. Obviously he's not gonna stay on a 2+ point per game pace but it's nice to see such a strong effort from him in what's likely to be his second to last season.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I wish Prime Crosby and Malkin would have entered in 2024 version of NHL. They have lost over season worth of games due dirty plays that isn't present in todays league.
Honestly, the Crosby/Malkin era is a story of what-ifs. Not only if Crosby didn't miss so much time in his athletic prime, and what if Malkin wasn't so injury prone, but what if the dysfunctional Penguins didn't make so many braindead personnel decisions?

2010-12 was wasted because of major injuries to Crosby and Malkin.
2012-15 was wasted with bad GMing and awful coaching.
2021-23 was wasted with some of the worst GMing of the salary cap era.
2021-Present they've been stuck with a Head Coach several seasons past his expiration date

Reactions: Tender Rip

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Honestly, the Crosby/Malkin era is a story of what-ifs. Not only if Crosby didn't miss so much time in his athletic prime, and what if Malkin wasn't so injury prone, but what if the dysfunctional Penguins didn't make so many braindead personnel decisions?

2021-Present they've been stuck with a Head Coach several seasons past his expiration date
This is all true.
It is also a sign of how spoiled Pens fans are.
I’ve celebrated 5 cup wins and seen more outstanding individual talent on my team than anyone but long time Oilers fans can almost comprehend.

As I age, that realization tempers my disgruntlement with management and even my hatred for Sully post-2018.

Geno is just a treasure. Sid is better or at least more consistent, but as a fan I must admit Geno was always my guy. Only Lemieux is on Mount Elsewhere for me passion wise.

Reactions: kerrabria

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

This is nothing that Pens fans haven't also thought about for years.

I've gotten over the failures that the core had. Back to back cups will do that.

Look at this way: If the Pens are a well managed team from 2010-2014, maybe they win a cup or two then. But they probably don't then have everything click at exactly the right time to win the back to back cups in the Sullivan/JR era. So maybe they're more successful earlier in Sid and Geno's careers but maybe they don't win those other cups.

At the end of the day, three cups is an exceptional legacy for this core. No Pens fan or anybody should be disappointed with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad