Even Gretzky is impressed by Barkov so far

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think barkov is as good defensively and much better offensively. Barkov has been the best player on a team that made it to back to back finals, his impact is bigger than Bergeron to me
Again.... on the 200 FT game.... come back when Barkov earn 4 more!

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Gretzky needs to spend more time around his fellow Canadian, Bret Hart. He doesn’t speak his mind enough for an analyst.

He probably has some compliment for Cody Ceci’s game also.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
It's 1 game. He is a very good player. But he isn't the 2nd best or even top 5. Lets pump the breaks. HF loves recency bias .

Barkov has been at this level for years. That's why he's in second SC finals in a row, shutting down the who's who of hockey on his way there. Recency bias is for those who have just been awakened to what many already knew. Because he's finally getting the positive press coverage and people speaking up. It's easy to get overlooked in a market like Florida in hockey. Kucherov has also suffered from that.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Barkov has been at this level for years. That's why he's in second SC finals in a row, shutting down the who's who of hockey on his way there. Recency bias is for those who have just been awakened to what many already knew. Because he's finally getting the positive press coverage and people speaking up. It's easy to get overlooked in a market like Florida in hockey. Kucherov has also suffered from that.
That hilarious “recency bias” comment is more proof these guys have not watched much of Barkov over the last decade. How they speak with authority is the cherry on top

Reactions: Marioesque

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
That hilarious “recency bias” comment is more proof these guys have not watched much of Barkov over the last decade. How they speak with authority is the cherry on top

The draft year I told my friend that Barkov would win several Selke trophies and become the best overall player in the league in his prime. I'm just waiting to see how this series go before I go do the whole "told you!" dance to him.

• Love
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Wayne Gretzky would be impressed if you told him the moon isn't made of cheese, Rocky Balboa wasn't a real person, and Frankenstein was actually the doctor's name not the monster and getting sucked into a tornado doesnt actually send you to Oz.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
When Sasha wins the Cup and McDavid is sitting there crying, even dorks like Biz will be right in saying McDavid isn't the best player in the league.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Okay who in the top 5 is he better than? Barkov is a fringe top 10. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Can you define "better "? It comes down to what you consider better. What you value.

Who of your top 10 wins a direct heads on matchup with Barkov more often than not? Who dominates the play against him?

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Can you define "better "? It comes down to what you consider better. What you value.

Who of your top 10 wins a direct heads on matchup with Barkov more often than not? Who dominates the play against him?
Who exactly did he shut down? A old Marchand who was injured? Or a no show Zibanejad? . Kuch put up 7 points in 5 games.

Look I like Barkov but Panther fans are getting a little too excited . McDavid has 2X the amount of points as him. It was 1 whooping game.

In the world without Francis, Fedorov, Datsyuk, and Bergeron... I'm not sure Barkov is better than Kopitar.
He is Kopitar level. Kopitar has more success though. Cups and Trophies.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
In the world without Francis, Fedorov, Datsyuk, and Bergeron... I'm not sure Barkov is better than Kopitar.

I don't remember enough about Ron Francis but the rest I have watched all their careers.

Barkov is like a Fedorov/Datsyuk hybrid in a larger frame. He has all the puck skills of Datsyuk, defensively he might be better than both because of same level hockey IQ but bigger reach.

Bergeron was amazing defensively, on par with the above and he did a lot of things that just shine in defensive stats.

He's better at faceoffs and that makes up for a lot of the possession difference. A clear advantage to Bergeron. Offensively Barkov is better, his hands and vision, passing are on a higher level in my opinion.

I think Bergeron earned his Selkes and he's probably the best defensive forward. Today Barkov is that though.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Who exactly did he shut down? A old Marchand who was injured? Or a no show Zibanejad? . Kuch put up 7 points in 5 games.

Look I like Barkov but Panther fans are getting a little too excited . McDavid has 2X the amount of points as him. It was 1 whooping game.
Why do you think Zibanejad was a no show? :laugh::laugh:

Yup, that's what I think.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

I asked who does he lose a matchup against more often than not. Who is that?

I didn't ask you to downplay and diss everyone he has gone through.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I don't remember enough about Ron Francis but the rest I have watched all their careers.

Barkov is like a Fedorov/Datsyuk hybrid in a larger frame. He has all the puck skills of Datsyuk, defensively he might be better than both because of same level hockey IQ but bigger reach.

Bergeron was amazing defensively, on par with the above and he did a lot of things that just shine in defensive stats.

He's better at faceoffs and that makes up for a lot of the possession difference. A clear advantage to Bergeron. Offensively Barkov is better, his hands and vision, passing are on a higher level in my opinion.

I think Bergeron earned his Selkes and he's probably the best defensive forward. Today Barkov is that though.
I don't know whose careers you watched but Barkov DOES NOT have the puck skills of Datsyuk and he DOES NOT have the skating or the IQ of Fedorov, let alone their offensive prowess.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I asked who does he lose a matchup against more often than not. Who is that?

I didn't ask you to downplay and diss everyone he has gone through.
Who did i diss? Marchand was injured and is like 35. NYR best players shat the bed. He didn't shut Kuch down.

Look I get it . You're a Panther fan and new to hockey. You think he is better than Datsyuk. There will be no convincing you otherwise.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Was Gretz actually that good or super overated like bob orr
I understand you might be young.... but 99 overrated... hmmm let see .....
148789419632857+520

Bobby Orr, the player that did influence the modern defence style of game and got 915 point in 657 games + find here his satts for one season only.... + toughness ++++ ....hmmmm overrated, I don't think so.
7837102PTS 139PIM 91+124

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I don't know whose careers you watched but Barkov DOES NOT have the puck skills of Datsyuk and he DOES NOT have the skating or the IQ of Fedorov, let alone their offensive prowess.

Fedorov was a top skater in the league in his day he was faster than Barkov.

You can object and offer opinions against in caps I'd you want, doesn't change what I have seen. I have seen a lot of all of them during their careers and stand by what I said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad