Evander Kane slew foot on Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I actually think it looks significantly worse because he's awkwardly trying to get out of the way. He had another hit on him in the 1st game where he made it 10x worse by trying to avoid it.

Kane probably gets a fine for that though, does kick the leg forward.

Reactions: Czechboy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I actually think it looks significantly worse because he's awkwardly trying to get out of the way. He had another hit on him in the 1st game where he made it 10x worse by trying to avoid it.

Kane probably gets a fine for that though, does kick the leg forward.
id be surprised if hes fined, he doesnt pull back on the upper body creating a slewfoot.

This is a normal hit, canucks fans are just soft.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
id be surprised if hes fined, he doesnt pull back on the upper body creating a slewfoot.

This is a normal hit, canucks fans are just soft.

You don't necessarily have to pull back on the upper body for a slewfoot, but I do agree this isn't anything egregious.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
If Hughes just takes the hit and rides it into the boards he's fine. It's his issue trying to dodge contact all the time, Bieksa said as much about him and Pettersson.

Tochett going on about it in his post game. Man needs to give it a rest, every stoppage it seems they pan to him and he's yelling or calling to the refs. Trying to be polticial is one thing, the level of whining he's reaching is different.

Clear puck over glasses and he's animated yelling "for what?". Lmao.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Would have been a clean hit if Hughes didn't turn his back at the last split second before the hit.

He did it when he got hit by Hyman in the first game too and Canucks fans were all up in arms about it.

Bieksa called them out on it in the 1st period intermission. If you keep turning your back to a hit in the hopes of getting a call you're liable to get hurt.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If Kane keeps his skate on the ice that play goes the exact same way imo. Stupid of him to lift his foot but like I said I don't see it providing very much leverage in this collision.

Reactions: RattsSSV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad