Value of: Evan Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
For Bouchard to be moved, Ken Holland would have to feel that his job is on the line, and the trade is his last chance at redeeming himself because if the trade didn't work out, he would certainly be gone after that.

The only way that I think it would happen (not that I actually think it would happen) is if Holland feels that trading Bouchard would improve his team in both the short and mid-term, in more areas than Bouchard does himself. So maybe if someone were to offer a proven starter and solid RHD which both had salary retained or on great deals (combined at less than the salary going out) and the other team took a multi-year cap dump as well (more term left than Koskinen).

It would have to be a very specific return in a time of desperation for Hollard to even consider it, and then still probably doesn't get done as there will be other options.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
So, $7.9 million for Bouchard + 9.25 for Nurse + 12.5 mil for McDavid + 8.5 Mil for Leon= 38.15 mil conceivably for 4 players.

I do not think that is a good strategy, but ok boss.
i think hyman and nuge had some no trade clauses as well . add the need for a goalie and i think an offer sheet could become difficult to match

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Is there a deal around Romanov that could be made? Habs right side is a black hole and there's a strong chance that Petry will be trade by the new administration.

I really like Romanov, but they are the same age and Bouchard is better now... both still have unknown upside (though I'd say Bouchard's may be higher). We aren't in a position to downgrade on D.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
i think hyman and nuge had some no trade clauses as well . add the need for a goalie and i think an offer sheet could become difficult to match
You'd think a Habs fan would be terrified at the prospect of an offersheet regardless of which teams were involved. They haven't exactly paid dividends for them in recent history.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You'd think a Habs fan would be terrified at the prospect of an offersheet regardless of which teams were involved. They haven't exactly paid dividends for them in recent history.
nothing scares me man . lol

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Is there a deal around Romanov that could be made? Habs right side is a black hole and there's a strong chance that Petry will be trade by the new administration.
Simple answer is no , Montreal has nothing to offer the Oilers for Bouchard

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad