Value of: Evan Bouchard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Whats the price tag on Bouchard? Oil fans? Anyone?

Bouchard is a 21min a night (#2D all situations, #4 ES) pacing for 45pts and making under 900k this year and next on a cap-pressed team (although bonuses may make the total higher next season). They are not particularly strong on D.... not weak, but losing Bouchard would be a huge blow.

Only way they trade him is in a deal for a DMan who is still relatively young, better right now, and paid very little for at least 1.5yrs. Could I see them moving him in a deal for Chychrun? Sure. Not an Oil fan, but from an outsider perspective I see some merit there. I don't think the add would be huge, though, and I don't think there are many other players available who make even a lick of sense.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I mean it makes very little sense to move Bouchard considering he plays a position Edmonton has historically had a need in. Like above says if you can offer him in a package for a better, still young D man with significant team control, maybe Edmonton listens. I doubt there's any deal to be had there considering he's been quite good.

Reactions: joestevens29

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
Is there a deal around Romanov that could be made? Habs right side is a black hole and there's a strong chance that Petry will be trade by the new administration.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Everyone's for sale for the right price but Edmonton used the excuse of needing an RHD for over a decade, patiently developed one into an NHL player for once, have him producing on an ELC while they have zero cap space, have no replacement ready(Barrie? Other way around - Bouchard is Barrie's replacement). So...what hole could they fill that would justify the massive, gaping hole that trading him would create? I guess moving him would give them another excuse to wait for next year(again) .

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Is there a deal around Romanov that could be made? Habs right side is a black hole and there's a strong chance that Petry will be trade by the new administration.

I watch a lot more Habs than Oilers but I think the difference in value, both re: immediate impact & longterm ability, is massive.

Now that you mention it, something around Petry @ 50% to Edmonton is interesting. Don't think Bouchard would be involved though... more likely Barrie, if even in a 3-way deal.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Bouchard is a 21min a night (#2D all situations, #4 ES) pacing for 45pts and making under 900k this year and next on a cap-pressed team (although bonuses may make the total higher next season). They are not particularly strong on D.... not weak, but losing Bouchard would be a huge blow.

Only way they trade him is in a deal for a DMan who is still relatively young, better right now, and paid very little for at least 1.5yrs. Could I see them moving him in a deal for Chychrun? Sure. Not an Oil fan, but from an outsider perspective I see some merit there. I don't think the add would be huge, though, and I don't think there are many other players available who make even a lick of sense.

Romanov is not the kind of young dman that would need to be involved. Makar, Fox, Heiskanen, Dahlin, Ekblad, etc those are the kinds of names that Bouchard, in a larger package, would be in a deal for to make sense for Edmonton. Other wise they just keep their young top 4 dman.

So basically for as long as he wants to be one because those other guys aren't moving.

Reactions: 780il and QCNords

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
the best way to acquire bouchard will be through an offer sheet . let holland paint himself into a corner where he won't be able to match

Reactions: QCNords

QCNords

Oct 19, 2017
Those right handed young Dman are hard to find these days...

MTL left side looks like;

- Edmoundson
- Chariot (likely moving at TDL)
- Romanov
- Clague (nice pick up)
- Kulak (likely moving at TDL)
- Niku
- Schueneman (very surprising)
- Gulhe
- Norlinder
- Harris (hope he signs but... )
- Struble

MTL right side;

- Petry (probably gone)
- Savard
- Brook (meeh)
- Mailloux (question mark)

Realy think Petry his on is way out...

Will be interesting to see Gorton work that one out.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Nope. Edmonton doesn't have anyone to step up if Bouchard is gone. I mean, Barrie would take his spot on the top pair, but we have nobody to play 3RD then. If you want to work on something for Barrie, we can talk, but not Bouchard.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Whats the price tag on Bouchard? Oil fans? Anyone?

Untouchable. He’s the present and future on the right side. The offer would have to be ridiculous to the point of complete lunacy.

He needs a new deal when Keith is off the books so your best bet is to put together a massive offer sheet in the 9 mil range after next year because anything in the 7 or under range will get matched.

Reactions: spaghtti

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
No reason for the Oilers to deal him. The guy has great offensive skills, a rocket shot, great passer, and he is decent defensively for his age. He has more points than Barrie and doesn't doesn't get much powerplay time even though he deserves it. He should become a great offensive d-man in the near future and is already pretty good. He is a core player for the Oilers going forward.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Any knowledgeable hockey fan will tell you there is no way. Bouchard has Noris potential and is still on entry level contract. However, oilers management are idiots so who knows

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Barrie will be dumped. Bouchard is his replacement. Still needs some work but he’s generally been quite good and his offense is very high level. Young, cost controlled, 6’3”, RH shot. He goes nowhere.

Reactions: spaghtti

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
the best way to acquire bouchard will be through an offer sheet . let holland paint himself into a corner where he won't be able to match

Count on him matching. 100%. Another team would have to offer north of $8-9 Million per year for Holland to debate NOT matching. Bouchard is the Oilers #1 guy on the right side for years and years to come.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Count on him matching. 100%. Another team would have to offer north of $8-9 Million per year for Holland to debate NOT matching. Bouchard is the Oilers #1 guy on the right side for years and years to come.

So, $7.9 million for Bouchard + 9.25 for Nurse + 12.5 mil for McDavid + 8.5 Mil for Leon= 38.15 mil conceivably for 4 players.

I do not think that is a good strategy, but ok boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad