HF Habs: Copa America 2024 | Canada vs Chile, Sat. June 29, 8 p.m. | TSN, CTV2, RDS, FOX ||| Euro 2024 (TSN, TSN+, TVA Sports)

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I wonder if the lack of finish from Mbappe will end up biting the French team in the ass.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Only 2 games tomorrow.

12 p.m.: Turkey vs Georgia

3 p.m.: Portugal vs Czechia

41 year old Pepe, and 39 year old Ronaldo are still playing for Portugal.

These 2 games finish Matchday 1 (all teams will have played one game). Matchday 2 begins Wednesday.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's a silly offside rule. The hockey offside rule makes more sense. Soccer is the only team sport that I can think of where it's enough for defenders to push forward far enough not to have to defend. Basketball, waterpolo, handball, you name it. No sport has such an absurd offside rule. VAR just reinforces that absurdity.
Yeah it's pretty dumb when it's called "FOOT BALL" but a big Schnoz can actually put you offside.
There are some stupidities that they should clean up in the game that being one of them.
I'd also like to see a real time clock for stoppages so we aren't left guessing how much added time there will be.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
1-1 between Turkey and Georgia at halftime. This match is wild. Everyone hates each other. Game is great, too.

Georgia and Turkey fans going at it.

Reactions: bopeep

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hup Oranje Hup
giphy.gif:laugh:

Between the Euro and NHL draft, I will literally be getting f*** all done at work these next 2 weeks.
theres-nothing-new-about-this-the-mole-people.gif:naughty:

I have lived in the Netherlands before. My good friend there idolized Johan Cruyff. I was living there during the heydey of Ronald Koeman, who could blast it in from 30 yards. Good times.
A reporter asked Pelé during his peak what it's like to be known as the worlds best footballer, he replied ''don't ask me, ask Johan Cruyff '':thumbu::thumbu:

Koeman is the current manager of the a National team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad