GDT: Eugenie Bouchard vs Ana Ivanovic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Can't you find a better spot to post a tennis thread?

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
People whining about Tennis, who's a gentleman and scholar (Fok off McEnroe) sports are the nutcracko that love boxing and MMA.

I love tennis, but I'm 100% behind the people whining over the obsessive coverage around Eugenie Bouchard.

She hasn't even cracked the WTA's top 10 and people are celebrating her like she's the second coming of Graff. Any average tennis fan know how unstable the women's rankings have been over the past few years, she could be fluking her heart out for all we know, give her some time. Ain't like she's some sort of tennis superstar, she's pretty much a nobody for the moment on the scene and hyping people that way has a tendency to get on my nerves.

Also people claiming the she gets all the attention for being young are sorta naive, a lot of woman peak early in their tennis career.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can't wait! :yo:

I love tennis, certainly better than watching the sad Habs lately.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I love tennis, but I'm 100% behind the people whining over the obsessive coverage around Eugenie Bouchard.

She hasn't even cracked the WTA's top 10 and people are celebrating her like she's the second coming of Graff. Any average tennis fan know how unstable the women's rankings have been over the past few years, she could be fluking her heart out for all we know, give her some time.

Also people claiming the she gets all the attention for being young are sorta naive, a lot of woman peak early in their tennis career.

When was the last time a canadian female tennis player had the potential to be top 10? Also, it doesn't hurt that she's young and pretty.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

She hasn't even cracked the WTA's top 10 and people are celebrating her like she's the second coming of Graff. Any average tennis fan know how unstable the women's rankings have been over the past few years, she could be fluking her heart out for all we know, give her some time.

She jumped 120+ spots in WTA rankings in a year. I'm far from her biggest fan, but that's a great accomplishment and something Canadian womens tennis hasn't seen in 30 odd years. I'm not going to stand on my soapbox and downplay it.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal

She hasn't even cracked the WTA's top 10 and people are celebrating her like she's the second coming of Graff. Any average tennis fan know how unstable the women's rankings have been over the past few years, she could be fluking her heart out for all we know, give her some time. Ain't like she's some sort of tennis superstar, she's pretty much a nobody for the moment on the scene and hyping people that way has a tendency to get on my nerves.

first canadian female to reach a quarter final of a grand slam in 22 years, Wimbledon junior Champion in 2012, was a qualifyer who didn't make it to the Aussie Open last year, after this week, win or lose tonight, will be close to top 20....

you may be right in 3 years, she may be totally gone.... but she might also be the future of tennis.... so let's enjoy the ride and let people push the enveloppe while it last....

People have pushing for Raonic for 3-4 years now, it wouldn't surprise me if at the end of this season, Bouchard as an higher ranking than Milos....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad