Management Eugene Melnyk - Lawsuits, rants and more... Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Im fairly certain our spending was getting reduced and our penny pinching was going on well before the playoff games that you are talking about

Im also fairly certain that the whole issue of fans v melnyk has been going on a lot longer then our last playoff run

So melnyk can say that all he wants that doesnt make it accurate

Ya ? Any dates ? Or just speculation.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I agree but it leads back to my original post where i referenced the Blue Jays as an example. Acting like he has for a decade give or take and expecting the fans to not react is asking a bit much.

The funny thing is that as much as a sizeable portion hates melnyk if he started spending more and making moves to contend the problem would go away. Fans will still have a memory of it but the extreme dislike/hate will go away.

Rogers used to get near melnyk level hate for how they were running and spending on the blue jays. That has gone down significantly.
Yes I would agree with that for the most part. I don't think that's ever what we'll get from Melnyk, but ultimately it's in their hands.

Reactions: TheNewEra

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ya ? Any dates ? Or just speculation.

Well we can start with the alfie debacle. I think thats conservative but lets start there.

Or if we want a real throwback the lawsuit against heatley to get bonus money back

thats 9 and 12 years old respectfully, not speculation actual real events with dates. Fans dont get all the information but the pieces we get we retain. Others might be able to recall immediately other events that might even be older then that. When the majority of our moves can be pointed to us reducing money/penny pinching its a bad vibe

hell pull up the namestnikov trade when we got him im fairly certain there was a pretty shocked reaction that we took on money lol

A decade worth of penny pinching give or take and expecting the fans to bend over and take it is ridiculous.

But like i said if he makes the first step and actively looks to improve the team then a lot of fans will be pretty forgiving. Like me personally i will still remember the shitshow but if Melnyk starts spending more and actively looks to improve the team then he can stay as owner and i will be perfectly fine with it

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Veteran 1st line centres? Those must be falling off trees.

Why didn’t we think of this before.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
On being involved in hockey stuff:

"I can understand a molecule, I can understand a play."

That's hilarious to me :laugh:

Nothing outrageous from the interview, few funny clips but nothing groundbreaking

Guess him saying if someone is signed to a bridge contract (Brady) they won't be getting the captaincy was probably the most informative thing I took from it

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This team has was close to the cap and fans didn’t even attend playoff games. We had stars like EK and MS... They spent, we didn’t go.
When was the team close to the cap and fans didn't spend?

The team hasn't spent (real money) close to the cap in over a decade.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Playing in Gatineau is a big nope for me. I realize it’s essentially in Ottawa but just across the border but we are a hockey team from Ontario, not Quebec.
Wouldn’t be ideal but in football a few teams play out of their actual state

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Love how many anglos are losing their shit about the team possibly moving to Gatineau as if it wouldn't actually be more accessible than Kanata. Bunch of xenophobes.

Still believe Lebreton is the best location obviously.

Reactions: pzeeman and branch

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Surprised to see that Melnyk still has enough of his nose left to cut off to spite his face(RE: Lebreton)

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
The Porsche dealership applied for the money. Eugene can apply for grants from the city too. It's not hard.

Dorion is probably unhappy that Eugene spilled the beans on moves the team needs to make, or wants to make. Even though it's obvious that they can use a legit top 2 veteran centre, you don't want to lose even a shred of leverage in trade or UFA negotiations. Now teams can just tell Dorion that they know the boss wants X player, and it's going to cost this much more now.

I do appreciate the commitment to this group of players...but the proof will be when they money actually gets spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad