Value of: Established goalie to LAK for Kaliyev + ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
It’s too early to truly start this thread, but it’s more than just a thought experiment now. Alex Laferriere has emerged as a talented, hard working kid that’s thirsty to stick on the team. Kaliyev is a talented young scorer that keeps getting dicked around in his development. The Kings biggest need is still a goalie and they’ll try and accrue every last penny-between-the-couch-cushions of Cap space to acquire someone around the deadline. I trust you can all do the math!

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Best case scenario was that LA could limp along with their sub-par goaltending committee until the trade deadline, but we may not have that luxury. Still, we can try to outscore our problems for a while. Not every team is as good as Colorado.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Talbot as your #1 is tough but I’m not sure Kaliyev has enough value around the league to bring back more than another band-aid.

Reactions: YP44 and MisterT

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The problem is Kaliyev’s value is probably at the lowest point it’s been since he was drafted, he’s not a kid anymore. And most importantly he is on an ELC and the Kings are so up against the cap they couldn’t afford to add a veteran goalie making more than that unless a team retained, which would cost the Kings more assets.

The Kings will have to look at moving Roy, Moore or Danault (probably in that order) for a goaltender if it comes to that point (which I’m thinking it will). You just can’t call yourself a contender with 2 goalies like this.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It’s too early to truly start this thread, but it’s more than just a thought experiment now. Alex Laferriere has emerged as a talented, hard working kid that’s thirsty to stick on the team. Kaliyev is a talented young scorer that keeps getting dicked around in his development. The Kings biggest need is still a goalie and they’ll try and accrue every last penny-between-the-couch-cushions of Cap space to acquire someone around the deadline. I trust you can all do the math!
Do you recall that Michigan goalie Kings acquired and signed by the name of Eric Portillo who is 22 yrs old.

spare parts aren’t getting you a #1 goalie

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Rangers are not a fit, decline, unless you want to overpay top $$$ for Shesty, NY gambles w/Garand.

That discussion should go into a different, new thread
I doubt the Rangers are looking to trade arguably the best goalie in the league, unless they were offered a top 10 skater in the league.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I doubt the Rangers are looking to trade arguably the best goalie in the league, unless they were offered a top 10 skater in the league.
What Rs actually do and what they should be doing, especially per bern, may be 2 dif things.
If enuf value in proper currency, Rs can/should consider.
Not clear LA is the best match there/would provide best offer.
Again, needs a dif thread b'c how OP specifically worded this thread

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007

why not think long term?

Keep Talbot, expose the administration for the incompetent buffoons they are

clean house, have them fired

short retool, properly, with administrators that didn't take too many pucks to their faces during their career

Bowlby is braindead
Robitaille is braindead
Bergevin is braindead

this is obvious

stop putting Band-Aids on a problem, concussions don't require Band-Aids

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
whatever get's accepted, add another pick and edmonton swoops in and takes the deal away from lak lol

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
why not think long term?

Keep Talbot, expose the administration for the incompetent buffoons they are

clean house, have them fired

short retool, properly, with administrators that didn't take too many pucks to their faces during their career

Bowlby is braindead
Robitaille is braindead
Bergevin is braindead

this is obvious

stop putting Band-Aids on a problem, concussions don't require Band-Aids
I will take things that will never happen for 1000 alex (RIP) ... how bout some logical solutions instead of just miserableness ?

I really don’t see how Kaliyev is A. Getting dicked around and B. Lafferiere is making him expendable. But ok
did you watch last nights game and the preseason? laf was a stud yo ...

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
I will take things that will never happen for 1000 alex (RIP) ... how bout some logical solutions instead of just miserableness ?

did you watch last nights game and the preseason? laf was a stud yo ...
No I agree. My point is that they both should have a spot if that’s the case…

Reactions: tkb81

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
LA should hold off until the season’s half over and see how teams like Nashville are doing. If they’re struggling then they’re probably more open to dumping Saros although it wouldn’t be cheap.

Reactions: YP44

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
LA should hold off until the season’s half over and see how teams like Nashville are doing. If they’re struggling then they’re probably more open to dumping Saros although it wouldn’t be cheap.
Saros' availability likely far more dependent on how Askarov looks versus where they are in the standings. But yeah, it won't be cheap.

Reactions: Armourboy

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Well boy is Nashville in luck, because Blake loves to overpay

• Haha
Reactions: moosemeister

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The Kings will have to look at moving Roy, Moore or Danault (probably in that order) for a goaltender if it comes to that point (which I’m thinking it will). You just can’t call yourself a contender with 2 goalies like this.
Moore is untradeable (and not just because he has a modified no-trade clause this season). No one is going to take a 10-15 goal scorer making $4.2M for the next 5 seasons. That was such a dumb extension by Blake. He could've given that spot and $1M of that to someone else, like Anderson-Dolan, Fagemo, Lafferiere or Turcotte, and then had $3.2M + Talbot's $1M = $4.2M to put towards a better goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad