ESPY: Nikki Glaser BURNS Edmonton Oilers

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Sorry to ruin your assumption, but we get more sun than any other major city in Canada. haha Or at least super close with Calgary and Winnipeg.

This is an accurate meme of Florida Summers. 50% chance of rain for 15min-1hr then back to sunny weather.

Summer-Weather-Rain-in-Florida.jpeg

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I don’t enjoy her but I thought the Stanley Cup jab was decent. Why is Kane there?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
This is an accurate meme of Florida Summers. 50% chance of rain for 15min-1hr then back to sunny weather.

View attachment 894469

Another take on the ol' "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes"....

"If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes" is a quotation that's originally attributed to Mark Twain. He would have been referring to the weather in New England, but it's also a popular sentiment in Alberta

Reactions: ShootIt

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I am sure Connor is super upset. Way more upset than he would have been on June 24th when it actually happened.

Congrats to the zero panthers from Florida that were able to win at ice hockey while growing up with no ice :sarcasm:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The price of living near the ocean I guess.
Vancouver could relate to you guys.

I remember as a student in Calgary in the late 90's working on road construction crew in the summer.....was 28C. I was on the packer and where I was I could see the ski jump tower at COP disappear in what I thought was heavy rain. Well.....it was some crazy weather. Sure as hell we got snow!!! 15 minutes later.....back to 28C

Leo DiCapprio woulda lost his shit if he saw that one! (for those wondering what I am talking about.... Did Leonardo DiCaprio mistake a chinook for climate change? )

Reactions: Coffey

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The whole "haha, places like Florida aren't real hockey markets because they don't even have ice, how could you lose to them" is such a dumb and over done joke at this point.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The ESPYs still exist? And who’s Nikki Glaser? Does this award show hire exclusively C-list celebs like the NHL does?
Nikki Glaser is pretty popular for the roasts. Not a C-list celebrity at all

Reactions: Crow

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I mean that kind of is a C-list celebrity, lol.

"Popular for roasts" is somewhere below "Tiktok/Instagram influencer" these days.
IDK how to really classify that kind of stuff. She's gotta be in the top 3 most famous female comedians right now. Not sure what "list" that falls under I guess

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
not sure anyone under 40 found this funny, this is peak old people humor

I've seen better jokes about Oilers on here
Ironically she is 40, and was 10 years old the last time Canada won a Stanley Cup at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad