ESPN top 100 athletes since year 2000

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I know you're not serious but if you wanted to do the "racing drivers aren't athletes" bit then the car arguably being more important than the driver is sitting right there for you to use.
I already did when I said an engine propels it. Now if they used their feet to move the car like Fred Flintstone, then they'd be athletes.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
You’re overdoing it on his athleticism. A PGs job is to run an offense. It’s a skill. There have been less athletic PGs who were better because they have/had more skill.

There have been more athletic players who also had a lot more skill.

I think you're underdoing it. He has the all time points record as well as being one of the best defenders of all time. Is that just a happy accident?

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Kind of off topic, but Americans overrate Michael Jordan big time. Amazing player, no doubt, but there is nothing about his career that is more impressive than Gretzky’s.

• Haha
Reactions: x Tame Impala

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Where are all the PWHL players on this list?

9 professional women ballers and many other female athletes but no love for the women puckers!

NHL gives ESPN the rights but still gets dissed by these clowns.

Could’ve at least given McDavid a bit of respect and given him his number, ranking him 97th.

FanCos

Jun 4, 2016
Two hot takes:
1) Male and female athletes should be on separate lists
2) Baseball is way too over-represented, it's hardly even a sport, much less a global one. Football players are athletes at least.
3) Messi should be on a list of his own

Well, that's more than two, looks like I don't know my numbers, but then again, neither does ESPN.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Kind of off topic, but Americans overrate Michael Jordan big time. Amazing player, no doubt, but there is nothing about his career that is more impressive than Gretzky’s.
Jordan did win one more title and was the finals MVP each time. Also was both the scoring champion and the defensive player of the year.

Reactions: Voight

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think you're underdoing it. He has the all time points record as well as being one of the best defenders of all time. Is that just a happy accident?

He stayed around this long to compensate for lacking in other areas. And no, thats not a happy accident. Its a desperate bid to remain relevant.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
if he played on a bigger market and better city he would've been ranked 95th.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Swimming severely narrows down the body types as well though. The average medalist in Tokyo was 6'2 for men and 5'9 for women - both well above average. This may not be to the extreme extent of basketball though.

There are other characteristics that prevent most people beyond height, such as a V shaped long torso, big feet, etc.
True of course, most top swimmers are tall people, but there were medalists in Tokyo who weren't even 6 feet tall, and even 6'2 is like top 5% of male population, not 0.1% at 6'6, which is average NBA height.

Letsdothis

Jun 19, 2024
True of course, most top swimmers are tall people, but there were medalists in Tokyo who weren't even 6 feet tall, and even 6'2 is like top 5% of male population, not 0.1% at 6'6, which is average NBA height.
You could argue that every sport works like that, just that the qualities that are being selected for aren't as obviously quantifiable as something like height.

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Looked at 1. and didn't see Messi. Stopped reading.

Football (Soccer) is the 1 sport on the planet. The best footballer of a generation (possibly ever) needs to be 1.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Looked at 1. and didn't see Messi. Stopped reading.

Football (Soccer) is the 1 sport on the planet. The best footballer of a generation (possibly ever) needs to be 1.
You are right but......Usain Bolt...too

Every healthy human being tried to ran fast in their life on this planet and think about that....: he was by far...the fastest on 3 Olympics.....

For a decade you are the fastest human on the most practice activity.

Not only that but he ran at 9.58.....

I really thought in 2005 and I was only 30 years old at the time that I would never see a man run better than 9.70 in my life.

He demolished the world record by a huge....a huge margin

In fact when this record will be beat ?

Messi is a very good choice cause a billion people are playing soccer.

I prefer hockey but we have to be honest here.. almost nobody are playing hockey on Earth..

I would love to be considered the best hockey player in the world but when you are the best soccer player in the world..it means a lol more

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
You are right but......Usain Bolt...too

Every healthy human being tried to ran fast in their life on this planet and think about that....: he was by far...the fastest on 3 Olympics.....

For a decade you are the fastest human on the most practice activity.

Not only that but he ran at 9.58.....

I really thought in 2005 and I was only 30 years old at the time that I would never see a man run better than 9.70 in my life.

He demolished the world record by a huge....a huge margin

In fact when this record will be beat ?

Messi is a very good choice cause a billion people are playing soccer.

I prefer hockey but we have to be honest here.. almost nobody are playing hockey on Earth..

I would love to be considered the best hockey player in the world but when you are the best soccer player in the world..it means a lol more

If you’re willing to ignore Jamaica’s absurdity when it comes to complying with drug testing, it’s all cool mon.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
If you’re willing to ignore Jamaica’s absurdity when it comes to complying with drug testing, it’s all cool mon.
Prove it and anyhow..a lot of guys were on drugs and even then...nobody came close to 9.58...nobody.

Ben Johnson was on drugs to the roof and he was..0.20 slower...a world of difference on 100 mètres....

He was tested time and time again at the olympics...so easy to say....he was on drug.

Take all drugs you want and try running 44 km/h...try

The greatest athlete Usain Bolt

Reactions: DaveG

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Prove it and anyhow..a lot of guys were on drugs and even then...nobody came close to 9.58...nobody.

Ben Johnson was on drugs to the roof and he was..0.20 slower...a world of difference on 100 mètres....

He was tested time and time again at the olympics...so easy to say....he was on drug.

Take all drugs you want and try running 44 km/h...try

The greatest athlete Usain Bolt

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Lol...before London...not at the Olympics...anyway....Bolt ran at 9.58 in Bejing in 2008..

A complet phenom..a martian...all the cheaters never came close to him no one...

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Lol...before London...not at the Olympics...anyway....Bolt ran at 9.58 in Bejing in 2008..

A complet phenom..a martian...all the cheaters never came close to him no one...

It’s hilarious that you think these issues are specific to London. This link is more recent and is after his retirement.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Don't try with the lies...nobody ran close to Lightning Bolt in history

In your article where is 2008 and 2016?????????

He won at those 2 olympics and smashed the world record in 2008.

You have nothing.

Bolt the greatest

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Don't try with the lies...nobody ran close to Lightning Bolt in history

In your article where is 2008 and 2016?????????

He won at those 2 olympics and smashed the world record in 2008.

You have nothing.

Bolt the greatest

Keep living in denial.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Keep living in denial.
You are in denial and you know that....try to explain me genius that why all the drug cheaters in history: Johnson, Lewis, Gatlin, Gay etc etc.... never came close to Bolt in history...why? I am waiting.

Bolt is by far the fastest human being in history

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
You are in denial and you know that....try to explain me genius that why all the drug cheaters in history: Johnson, Lewis, Gatlin, Gay etc etc.... never came close to Bolt in history...why? I am waiting.

Bolt is by far the fastest human being in history

You’re waiting just like the drug testers when they arrive to Jamaica.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad