Confirmed with Link: Esa Lindell Extended 5x5.25M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
PuckPedia is showing his current deal is all NMC, but the new one shifts to three seasons of NTC with the final two being modified NTC. But I don't see a way to know specifics about the modifications (5 team, 10 team, etc.).

I also don't know how accurate PuckPedia is compared to Cap Friendly. I assume agents are still sharing the trade restriction details.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Expected him to re-sign at some point. Maybe not right now but that he stays was absolutely expected. Pricetag is pretty good . 6k less than last time

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
esacontract.jpg

poor Jani

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Surprised at how many (on the main thread) want to “puke” on this contract. With the way it’s setup he’s only a 4mil hit (4.25 3rd year) 4 of 5 years; and he’s only 30 years old.

Good signing by Nill.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Surprised at how many (on the main thread) want to “puke” on this contract. With the way it’s setup he’s only a 4mil hit (4.25 3rd year) 4 of 5 years; and he’s only 30 years old.

Good signing by Nill.
The cap hit will be the same for all five years, but front loading it a bit helps make him tradable the last couple of seasons because there are always teams looking for guys whose cap hits exceed their actual salary. Now, those teams also usually are the ones guys put on their no trade lists, but at least there is flexibility.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hes not close to being ready and his doesnt keep his cool on ice. Very low maturity level. Time to grow up Lian
So many fans have really gone nuts with their expectations for him. It's very rare for defensemen to nail down full time NHL jobs at his age. He's 20. Just because the Stars have a need on defense doesn't mean the young guys are ready and able to fill those needs. See, NHL Coaches v. Lundkvist, Harley, Honka, Oleksiak, et al.

Reactions: Klockis and LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
So many fans have really gone nuts with their expectations for him. It's very rare for defensemen to nail down full time NHL jobs at his age. Just because the Stars have a need on defense doesn't mean the young guys are ready and able to fill those needs. See, NHL Coaches v. Lundkvist, Honka, et al.
Big D often translate to NHL success alot quicker than their smaller counterparts. See early returns on Myers, Ekblad, Ristolainen

Lian’s a mental midget- he has alot of growing to do

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I still remember the days when fancy graphs guys said Stars should keep Taylor Fedun and trade Esa because he was cheaper and better. Even back then that was wierd.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Big D often translate to NHL success alot quicker than their smaller counterparts. See early returns on Myers, Ekblad, Ristolainen

Lian’s a mental midget- he has alot of growing to do
But he’s not an actual midget tho

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
This is Esa's thread! Don't disrespect the shinpad assassin.

When I got the score update about Dallas resigning a Dman, definitely thought it was Harley lol. Glad Lindell is staying around for a while. He's good at what he does, and wouldn't be easy replaced.

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Good deal imo - a bit of a pay cut and with cap going up this will look better. Will be interesting to see Esa's play in year 4 and 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad