Erik Karlsson does it again

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And considering word in Tampa is that we wouldn’t even make Foote available for EK, much less Point or Sergachev, you are correct - I don’t believe it.

200w.gif

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
In all fairness, he wasn't very reliable defensively in Ottawa either.

Absolutely elite with the puck, the issue became Ottawa wasn't talented enough to capitalize as much for the goals he cost the team.

Happy with the return we got for EK. Tons of quantity for 1 year rental.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not likely. Last five games still entail a 2-3 record. That's not competing for anything but a higher lottery pick.

And look where they are now... purgatory. Sharks are completely stuck in no-man's land, not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough for a lottery pick.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Not really.

If it bothers you that much what other people say on the internet, you might want to take a break.

The word around Ottawa was a deal around Sergachev was indeed reached but Melnyk nixed the deal himself hoping for more. This was after another deal with Vegas also fell through for the same reason.

Eventually he ran out of patience and demanded that Dorion trade Karlsson just before training camp, forcing Pierre into the San Jose deal given the compressed timeline.

You probably don't believe it, so I don't know why I'm bringing it up.

He should get off the internet bc he's taking a victory lap? That's pretty dumb. If you don't understand why he might want to take a victory lap ...wait

There is no "if" here. You understand full well that people on hf can be irrationally biased and hostile, that they probably were behaving that way towards this guy and that he has every right to do a victory lap now. But due to some kind of bias or possibly bc you're guilty of doing what he's talking about, you're pretending not to understand something really simple and easy to understand.

@AndreRoy you earned a chance to rub it in a few people's faces. People were really dumb about EK and his future when he was traded. Acting like he was guaranteed to be a superstar for another decade and going off on people who saw the reality that he was getting hurt and aging. Kudos to you for reading the tea leaves and putting up with BS

Reactions: AndreRoy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He should get off the internet bc he's taking a victory lap? That's pretty dumb. If you don't understand why he might want to take a victory lap ...wait

There is no "if" here. You understand full well that people on hf can be irrationally biased and hostile, that they probably were behaving that way towards this guy and that he has every right to do a victory lap now. But due to some kind of bias or possibly bc you're guilty of doing what he's talking about, you're pretending not to understand something really simple and easy to understand.

@AndreRoy you earned a chance to rub it in a few people's faces. People were really dumb about EK and his future when he was traded. Acting like he was guaranteed to be a superstar for another decade and going off on people who saw the reality that he was getting hurt and aging. Kudos to you for reading the tea leaves and putting up with BS

No, I totally understand the feeling.

When the Rangers signed Redden to that ridiculous contract, I tried to warn the Rangers fan community on HF about his play falling off a cliff, that the entire Senators fanbase was not completely delusional and Rangers fans like yourself tried to tell me that it was the "toxic atmosphere" in Ottawa and that he just needed a "change in scenery".

The fact that we watched his play disintegrate from All-Star calibre to massive scrub in front of our very eyes meant nothing. He'd gone from "let's re-sign him" to "let's re-sign him for cheap" to "he's not worth re-signing under any circumstances" and the Rangers staff handed him a 6 year 39M contract.

So it certainly felt nice to rub it into the faces of the smug idiots in New York who were blissfully celebrating the acquisition of "a top tier PP quarterback" when in actual fact they ended up with one of the most expensive players in AHL history, as predicted by anyone who had actually watched or knew anything about the player.

So I take your point and your kudos for reading the tea leaves and putting up with BS.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And look where they are now... purgatory. Sharks are completely stuck in no-man's land, not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough for a lottery pick.

For this season, they’re basically in the best of both worlds. They’re competing for a playoff spot but they’re also very much capable of a top five pick.

Reactions: 24 others

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Karlsson reached a level where he was playing like the best defenceman in the world with the Sharks in the first season. So it's not like it was obvious he would get injured further.

Sucks that it's what happened. But it could have gone either way. Besides Karlsson is still a star player. He still makes ridiculous things happen. When the Sharks are better it's not out of the question that he returns to elite play.

Reactions: Slimmy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For this season, they’re basically in the best of both worlds. They’re competing for a playoff spot but they’re also very much capable of a top five pick.

California teams playing 4d Chess :sarcasm:

Can be competitive till the end, if it looks like you aren't going to make it in the last two weeks, taaaaaaank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad