Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread - He Gets All the Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't see this at all. The guy is unbelievable. Does absolutely everything. His problem was playing in the same era as Erik karlsson

He's never ever been the best defenceman in a season ever. If he wasn't playing in this era he'd be playing with guys like Lidstrom , and Pronger.

If he was drafted onto a team like Arizona and was russian, no way he gets as much praise as he does.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
CaUdguKW0AAXD3O.jpg

Swag

I like how his facial expression is clearly meant to be cheeky because the photographer knew the headline would upset people on the main section of popular hockey discussion website HFBoards.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's never ever been the best defenceman in a season ever. If he wasn't playing in this era he'd be playing with guys like Lidstrom , and Pronger.

If he was drafted onto a team like Arizona and was russian, no way he gets as much praise as he does.

So because he's not the single best defenceman in the world means what exactly? He's still great.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Oh Craig thats why you aren't managing anymore.

Karlsson tied for third in NHL in points. Would be first defenceman to finish in the top 5 in points since Paul Coffey was third in 85-86.

Would be the first time a defenceman has finished top 5 in the league and also led his team in scoring since Bobby Orr in 1974-1975.

Without Karlsson this is the worst team in the NHL bar none.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Jesus this team is going to ruin him :'(

They are.
Someone....I want to say it's James Gordon but it might have been Ken Warren or Allen Panzeri, wrote a long article about Spezz in the day that Ottawa is a very mentally structured town; a lot of people work for the government and do repetitive things at their jobs so they aren't used to epehemeral, constantly shifting iterations on the ice. That's why people turned on Spezza. He didn't appear to be "working hard" and he had long strides and stuff. The media/fans are now doing the same thing to an epochal defenceman.

K isn't the problem, the problem is Meth and...I guess Ceci are the best options on "D". He's a poorly surrounded really good player. Like Sundin was in TO, like Ovi was until this year, like Price in Montreal, etc. I mean, if Karlsson asks for a trade out I'll back him, better for him to win a Cup than to put up with this mediocre **** forever.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Cae3KFUUUAAo919.jpg

The best player on the planet, and the organization is going to ruin him.

Wow. What a great visual. Karl is awesome. Find a freaking second pairing and all these Karlsson complaints completely go away. Maybe he should play 40 minutes a game.

Here's the reason we give up 5,6, and 7 goals - the team is mentally fragile. They are easy to play against. They have no second pairing and their bottom 6 forwards contribute next to nothing offensively. They are a passive, bend-and-then-break team that looks lost. They are 180 degrees out of phase from last year's team.

Karlsson shares the collective blame for this as much as anyone else but not MORE than anyone else. If not for him this team would be orders-of-magnitude more dreadful than it already is.....

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Media is turning on him:

Stevenson on the radio asking where the leadership from Karlsson was.

CJ , just like Don Brennan, has always put the blame on Karlsson when they lost a game or things aren't going well. It was just the same old same old to hear him whining on in his whiny voice and just reminded me why I was glad he isn't on the radio here so much anymore.
CJ is big Habs fan and Brennan a Bruins fan and they could care less about Ottawa.
And they have always had Karlsson in their sights.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think everyone on this team needs to play better, including Karlsson.

Singling him out is silly though.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Yes, let's use a thoroughbred horse to do the menial tasks that a Clydesdale should do. Is this team actually this ****ing stupid?

Well according the HNIC crew it is Karlsson who is holding back the Sens defense.
Reminds me of the days they used to break down Alfredssons play and point out what a bad captain and player he was.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
So EK decided to change his game and got 4 points.
Imagine if he changed it earlier in the season. He would've broken the NHL by now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So EK decided to change his game and got 4 points.
Imagine if he changed it earlier in the season. He would've broken the NHL by now.

yah it worked out tonight. I can't imagine EK changing his game when we need a goal he will be fighting tooth and nail to get it. That's him... If DC tries to change that he should be flung hard from somewhere high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad